Are netbooks becoming obsolete?

i had one of the more expensive netbooks out there... but it still sucked.
taplets are replacing netbooks, but they will never replace a laptop.
taplets are gonna be replaced by more modern hybrid ultra books. ultrabooks where you can fold and unfold the keyboard.

You'll find that laptops and netbooks are still being used in schools, for on the go use and maybe just some little things, When I got my laptop I had the choice between a laptop or iPad and I chose the laptop because I would use it for more things than iPad and I get more use out of it..

"No one is really using laptops ( netbooks) or Pc's anymore." - Just... no.

I spent something like £220 on my netbook, and while it IS underpowered, that's because it's a NETBOOK. Some people often have NO idea what a netbook is for, or have no idea that it's not a high-end gaming machine; it's strictly meant for being on the move and needed a long-lasting battery, whilst being functional and smart*.

And no, I don't think netbooks are becoming obsolete, because people still need these things, but that's just an opinion, and I don't actually KNOW, since I don't have a load of sales figures in-front of me, nor do I care enough to go Google the hell of it. :p I like my netbook, for the time being; I was very torn between a netbook and one of those Android tablets, but I figured compatibility all the way, plus I had read that those Android things had a good few problems.

*This being optional... bwahaha.

Last edited:
What a netbooks are designed for can a tablet do just as good. and tablets are more popular then netbooks.
A netbook is a light weight small laptop with good battery life-span. it's used for travel. A tablet are also very portable and battery lasting.
So because taplets are way more popular, you will see netbooks die out. Especially with the upcoming windows 8 taplets that gives you a more desktop feel to it than what a mobile OS like Android and IOS can give you.

Back
Top Bottom