GPU thermometer

starik

Baseband Member
My motherboard (Asus z77 pro) has software that tells me what my CPU and mobo temps are. And the speeds of the fans I have plugged into it. But I want to know how my graphics card is feeling. What software should I get?

And while we're at it, what temps are good? My CPU and mobo are usually around 38 C after playing borderlands 2 for a while

My motherboard (Asus z77 pro) has software that tells me what my CPU and mobo temps are. And the speeds of the fans I have plugged into it. But I want to know how my graphics card is feeling. What software should I get?

And while we're at it, what temps are good? My CPU and mobo are usually around 38 C after playing borderlands 2 for a while

I use Real Temp. It's an excellent monitoring utility, for both CPU and GPU.

I have no idea what CPU you have so I cannot possibly comment on it's temp. However, generally speaking, a CPU idle temp of 38c is not out of line, but I like to see my motherboard chipset temps around 33c. Again 38c is not unreasonable. Those temps also have a direct bearing on your ambient temp, and you haven't told me what it is either, so I'm really working in the dark here.

Ok, another question.

I'm playing borderlands 2. I have a GTX 670. I have vsync turned on so it won't go above 60fps to help keep the GPU cool. Sometimes it seems like the framerate is dropping (I guess to 30fps) when there is a lot going on. I'm not over clocking anything.

How do I actually check my fps in a game that doesn't offer it as an option? I'm only familiar with checking fps in WoW, where all you have to do is hit Ctrl R.

Also, shouldn't my hardware be good enough to run borderlands 2 at 60 fps all the time? Do I need to over clock already?

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

My CPU cooler is a CM 212 hyper and I added a noctua p12 on the pull side of the heat sink

Some thoughts, others may disagree...

My ambient temp is also around 23c~24C all the time. I've grown accustom to my CPU idle temps, with an i7 920, 930, and i7 3930k being around 31c~33c. My motherboard temps around 32c. That could be do to my cooling solutions, case design, etc. What's important is the fact the 38c is not out of line, and you shouldn't be concerned about it.

If you're interested in checking your frame rate in all games, just download FRAPS...

FRAPS show fps, record video game movies, screen capture software

You'll see the FPS in the upper left corner of your screen, (or whatever corner you designate), such as the screen shot I've posted below.

Your GTX 670 is a very good card, but you can't expect that it won't slow down during periods of maximum pixel pumping. If you find there are games in which you want to increase the performance, you have two options...

1) You can reduce the eye candy, or the resolution in the "settings" menu.

2) You can add another GTX 670 for SLI operation, and that will slice through anything....well, for about 18 months, anyway.

Attachments

• MOHW 2012-10-24 14-13-46-60.jpg
    MOHW 2012-10-24 14-13-46-60.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom