EYEfinity Help(no problems, just questions)

here2learn1

Solid State Member
So, I will be purchasing an HD 6850 and a now 3rd 24" ASUS monitor. I will be utilizing EYEfinity to replicat a single desktop across all three monitors in portrait mode(super excited)

So, two queries arise:

1st, What display mode should they be ran in(for best performance/quality obviously) DP > HDMI x3 or DVI to DVI x2 and then the DP to DVI? - Obviously, HDMI-1080p x3 sounds the most appealing, but I want to make sure I am not missing something here.

2nd, Can anyone suggest an adapter based on the above information?

Thank you Very Much!!

Monitors for reference:
3x Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers

Card for reference:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

For Eyefinity, you have to use DP. If the monitor doesn't have a DP, then you would need to use an active DP to DVI or HDMI adapter.

For the other two monitors, just use DVI.

For Eyefinity, you have to use DP. If the monitor doesn't have a DP, then you would need to use an active DP to DVI or HDMI adapter.

For the other two monitors, just use DVI.

No, I understand that DP needs to be used.

What I'm asking is if I should buy adapters to mate to 3xHDMI's or just stick with DVI?

Back
Top Bottom