Simulations

Wired Earp

Baseband Member
In future, would it be possible for some one to go in n out of a simulation or would an avatar always be required?

You're talking purely in the realms of science fiction - so no-one can give you a scientific, definitive answer to this!

You're talking purely in the realms of science fiction - so no-one can give you a scientific, definitive answer to this!

I'm not sure this is strictly true however i do think the OP needs to make his question a little clearer.

We currently have and do run simulations on many things, such as army simulation excersizes, fire simulation excersizes etc so by the definition of this then no you don't always need an avatar as many people do take part in "Simulations" every day.

I'm not sure this is strictly true however i do think the OP needs to make his question a little clearer.

We currently have and do run simulations on many things, such as army simulation excersizes, fire simulation excersizes etc so by the definition of this then no you don't always need an avatar as many people do take part in "Simulations" every day.

This is true, it depends what *sort* of simulation we're talking about and what the OP means by "to go in n out". I assumed however he meant to physically be able to walk into some form of simulation, which is still firmly in the realm of science fiction.

I'm talking about computer simulations, like the Sims, n the Holodeck.
But if it's purely science fiction to walk in n out of one like this then we can give a scientific, definitive answer n say it's not possible, but if it's purely in the realm of speculation then we can say it is possible.

I have to say i am completely puzzled when trying to work out the pupose of this thread?

I'm completely lost as to why your asking a question where the answer has to be "I don't know". It's like you've asked a definitive question ie, "How far away from the Sun is the Earth" but instead you've asked "When man lands on the Sun will he be cooled by liquid nitrogen or just fans. . . . "

lol apologies for the dramatisation of the quesiton.

But seriously you asking for a serious answer of something that is highly likely to never be possible and then given a multiple choice answer as if we can make an educated guess?

Nobody knows the answer to your questions

I'm talking about computer simulations, like the Sims, n the Holodeck.
OK, that's what I assumed to start with.

But if it's purely science fiction to walk in n out of one like this then we can give a scientific, definitive answer n say it's not possible, but if it's purely in the realm of speculation then we can say it is possible.
Firstly, science fiction and speculation are pretty much the same thing in this context - and secondly, while it's in the realm of one of them we can't say whether it's possible or not. We can say it *may* be possible or it's *probably not* possible (as I would say at the moment) but giving a definitive answer either way with knowledge possessed by humankind at the present time is impossible.

OK, that's what I assumed to start with.

Firstly, science fiction and speculation are pretty much the same thing in this context - and secondly, while it's in the realm of one of them we can't say whether it's possible or not. We can say it *may* be possible or it's *probably not* possible (as I would say at the moment) but giving a definitive answer either way with knowledge possessed by humankind at the present time is impossible.

IE, "I dont know"

Back
Top Bottom