"Factoids"

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hello Peoples,

How about a thread of Factoids, now the Wiki page has an interesting view on Factoids:

A factoid is a questionable or spurious (unverified, false, or fabricated) statement presented as a fact, but with no veracity. The word can also be used to describe a particularly insignificant or novel fact, in the absence of much relevant context. The word is defined by the Compact Oxford English Dictionary as "an item of unreliable information that is repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact".

The bit in bold are the types of Factiods i'm interested in, so lets share yours.
We are looking for facts that do not have to be topical, can be slightly pointless and have no use in your life what so ever but they are just a little qit "Quirky"

I have heard and i believe it is true that the earth is technically smoother than a pool or snooker ball.

If you shrink the earth down to the size of a pool ball the oceans and mountains become so minute it appears to be a perfectly smooth object. (just not a perfectly round object) . .. .

So you're starting a thread about insignificant facts, that have no relevancy, and most folks don't care about....hmmmm, this should be popular.:lol:

These facts can be useful in conversations, that you have with real people lol. Sure they may be a little laborious to type out in an IM but in real conversations they can be "Quirky" and spark new topics of conversation . . .

The human eyes are composed of more than two million working parts.

Haven't we been done this road....more than once....and doesn't it always seem to lead to the same place...:horse:

Back
Top Bottom