Steam downloads slowwing down

fergof10

Baseband Member
hello every one i have recently bought Bitdefender total security 2013 for my computer and i was wondering why has my steam downloads slowed down from 1.3MB to 400KB so i am wondering if bitdefender is the cause of this problem and also after a while it just stops downloading and then starts again and this happens every few minuets

Last edited:
Easy way to find out.

Just delete every last vestige of BitDefender, and see if the issue is resolved.

Just turning it off does not insure that there are no software conflicts. Simply delete it completely. If the issue is still there, just re-install it, and we'll look for other possibilities. Since you say that this issue developed after you installed BitDefender, there is a good possibility that is the problem.

i am just confirming that bitdefender is the problem but i was just wondering why is it only effecting it now when it was been installed for a couple of weeks.(Anyway to stop the conflict)

Bitdefender is antivirus right? You can return it and buy another av software. My dad used to work at CA, their stuff was pretty good. I don't remember it having any conflicts except for halo 1.

Back
Top Bottom