won't boot

thanks for the reply guys. i will try to borrow a power supply brick from a friend of mine. i'll let you know after. might even try to open my laptop. :) thanks again

guys to add. could it be possible that my power supply brick is broken even though the light(green) on it is on when i plug it?

guys to add. could it be possible that my power supply brick is broken even though the light(green) on it is on when i plug it?

Yes, that little green LED is only an indication that it's receiving 115v from the wall outlet.

Yes, that little green LED is only an indication that it's receiving 115v from the wall outlet.

sir, also the light in the laptop is blinking when i plug the brick. would that mean its charging then? if yes, could it be that the problem is on the laptop it self?

sir, also the light in the laptop is blinking when i plug the brick. would that mean its charging then? if yes, could it be that the problem is on the laptop it self?

It could be a charging indicator, it could also be a warning that it's not charging properly. All laptops work a little differently. You need to check your owners manual for that answer.

It could be a charging indicator, it could also be a warning that it's not charging properly. All laptops work a little differently. You need to check your owners manual for that answer.

ok the laptop seemed to have power now. but its stuck. not even loading windows. when it powers up all three lights are "on" numlock,scroll lock,capslock but screen is still black. sometimes it will show the viao logo on the screen but not getting into windows. there is a time that it will turn on ang boot ok. but that is like once in 100 attempts. jeeeeeeeeeez.

Do you get any beeps or fan spinning noises, and how often do you get the bios vaio screen loading ?

When you power on can you get into the BIOS BY PRESSING f2, f1 or esc at all ?

Last edited:
It is indicating your external power supply is ok and your problem is with the laptop itself.

Do you get any beeps or fan spinning noises, and how often do you get the bios vaio screen loading ?

When you power on can you get into the BIOS BY PRESSING f2, f1 or esc at all ?

not able to get into BOIS at all sir. the fan is sometimes working but most of the time its not spinning. these last 4 days when i tried to turn it on i only get the three lights up numlock,etc.. the viao logo is not showing anymore.

Have you tried removing/moving the RAM around ? Also you could try removing the CMOS battery if its one of those removable ones that you can access from normally the RAM slots.

Other than this its not sounding too good to me.

Also try powering on without the battery in.

Back
Top Bottom