What is a good PC for me?

Your CPU is the unlocked (k) version, so you must be thinking about over clocking at some point. You will want to get a better CPU cooler. They're not too bad, like 30 bucks

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

And look up SSD hard drives. Really fast boot/load times

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

SSD's are more expensive than HDD's, so what you do is just put the stuff on it that you want to load fast, like your OS and favorite games. Everything else you can put on your 1T HDD

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

You're definitely on the right track. I recommend you don't get impatient and start ordering parts yet. Give it another week of casual research and tweaking

I perfer ASUS over Gigabyte mobo's; more reliable and better overclockers should you wish to experiment.

Prefer nVidia vidcards; better drivers, check out the GTX 660 series

Gamers use full tower cases; better airflow/cooling for those long frag sessions. Check out the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced

Perfer Corsair or Antec PSUs and always buy one with 20% overhead; less strain on the PSU that way and provides room for upgrades to other components. Consider a 750W or larger (there's no such thing as buying too much PSU wattage)

Buy another HDD for backup.

Rules for HDDs and especially SDDs:
1. backup
2. backup
3. backup dammit!

Just read through your thread, and Wizzer saved my a lot of typing...These ^^^ are my suggestions as well.

You might want to go with something from the newer 600 series instead.

+1

I agree, I'd go with the best 600 series card I could afford. They're a better bang for your hard earned buck, offering better performance, and cooler running than the 500 series.

Just Google benchmark reviews comparing cards, and you'll have your answer.

Alright guys, I need some major help with making this decision. Basically, I really don't know whether I should go ahead with the bulid myself, or just buy this pre built one from Amazon. Now, the reasons I want to consider buying this instead are that for a start, it comes with Windows 7 pre-installed. (a further £75 if I built myself). Also, I can be sure that it's built correctly, and if not, or if anything goes wrong, I can send it off and get an instant replacement. (customer reviews definitely prove this) So here is the link to the Amazon pre-build:

GAMING PC INTEL i7 2600K Quad Core 4x3,4GHz - 1000GB HDD - 8GB DDR3 (1333 MHz) - DVD Writer - Grafik GeForce GTX560 Ti (1024MB DDR5-VGA-DVI-HDMI-DirectX 11) - Audio - 6xUSB 2.0 - 2xUSB 3.0 - LAN - 650W - Cardreader - Wireless LAN (USB/150MBit) - 1xeS

Now I am aware that the GPU bottlenecks the CPU here, but it isn't too much of an issue, especially as next year at this time I will probably be upgrading the graphics card anyway.

And here is my custom build, tweaked a little for the best:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 @ £75.98
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard [GA-Z77-DS3H]

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W @ £149.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007RUZKK6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Video Card: AMD Radeon 7850 Graphics @ £149.99
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7850 OC Windforce 2X 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ Nexuiz, Sleeping Dogs & Dirt Showdown PC Games [GV-R785OC-2GD]

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 @ £33.14
G.Skill Ripjaws - Memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 1.5 V - unbuffered - non-ECC: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 @ £39.47
Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Midi Tower with Window - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Power Supply: XFX Core Edition PRO650W 650W @ £69.98
XFX Pro 650W Core Edition '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply [P1-650S-UKB9]

DVD Rom Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner @ £15.99
Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

CPU Cooler: Stock fan @ £0.00

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 @ £56.48
Seagate ST1000DM003 3.5 inch 1TB Barracuda Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Subtotal: £612.75

Thanks a lot for helping me make a decision I really can't decide on.

Seems to me, the choice is entirely yours. If you don't have the confidence to build, troubleshoot, & tweak the machine yourself, then buy it.

If you are comfortable that you can handle the build yourself, then build it. See, simple!

^^^ Agreed, its all on you! It looks like you'll still save a little bit of money if you build it yourself so if I were you then I would build it, but if you're worried about doing it wrong (I was too XD) then the pre-built will save you a bit of grief.

Back
Top Bottom