Feedback on new build please!

iskoristena4

Solid State Member
Hey guys please have a look at my new build, intended for 3D modelling and gaming. Comment on the parts and tell me whether i can save a couple of dollars or whether i can spend a couple more and get something way better: BTW i am using PC Case Gear to build this rig, so try and refer to that site for upgrades/changes if possible.
CPU
- Intel Core i7 3930K [BX80619I73930K] - $585.00 : PC Case Gear
MotherBoard
- ASUS P9X79 Motherboard [P9X79] - $242.00 : PC Case Gear
Graphics
- 1x ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II Overclocked [ENGTX680-DC2O-2GD5] - $579.00 : PC Case Gear - I was told this is a good card, and after doing some research it appears that it really is. Although im not yet 100% convinced that theres not something better out there! P.S in 3-4 months i will be buying a second graphics card, keep this in mind.
RAM
- Corsair Vengeance Red CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 [CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R] - $125.00 : PC Case Gear
SSD
- 1x Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD Retail Box [MZ7PC256B] - $209.00 : PC Case Gear
Hard Drive
- 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 [ST2000DM001] - $99.00 : PC Case Gear
Optical Drive
- Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Black 24xDVDRW OEM [DVR-220LBKS] - $25.00 : PC Case Gear
Case
- CoolerMaster HAF X Case [C-RC942KKN1] - $189.00 : PC Case Gear
Power supply
- Corsair AX1200 Gold Power Supply [CMPSU-1200AXAU] - $329.00 : PC Case Gear - 1200w Really? well to be honest this component scares me the most because i have no clue what power supply i will need? however i'm thinking just buy a very powerful one right off because it will be able to support the upgrades i am planning in the future e.g. 2x Graphics, multiple hard drives/SDD etc.
CPU Cooler
- Corsair Hydro Series H100 CPU Cooler [CWCH100] - $145.00 : PC Case Gear - Reasons for such a powerful cooler are that i will be keeping my computer inside of a desk cupboard, with the back cut out, and so i dont want to run any risks of overheating. If i notice that even this cooler, is unable to cool the computer in this environment i will probably make a new table or something lol. On the other hand If you guys dont believe i need such a powerful cooler even in these circumstances then feel free to suggest one.
Operating system
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit with SP1 OEM [FQC-04649] - $139.00 : PC Case Gear
So far everything comes to Aus$2666 and the max im willing to pay is $2800
Note: This build will be used for high end gaming and 3D modelling/rendering with V-ray.
Please give me AS MUCH feedback as you possibly can i love hearing what you guys have to say! Really appreciate all the help i can get thanks heaps! great community here.

You can google how much wattage things like the CPU and the GPU u have chosen and the rest but go for it mate abit over kill for what you want to do a I do it on a £600 machine that's about $950 and I have no slow rendering issues or anything with adobe premier pro cs6

Will do then, cheers. Also im doing V-ray rendering of high poly models so thats why im in need of such parts as i have listed.

The university I study music at that does gaming degrees. Their machines are only running 560 ti cards. I checked it out yesterday and they got the unreal engine, crytek engine and more on them for creating games. Yours is defiantly over kill lol

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

It just means your will render a couple of minutes faster

Back
Top Bottom