Big space jump set for today

There was an piece on one of the news shows about this. They compared this jump to the moving of the NASA space ship through LA last weekend. They more or less said it was a great jump but it didn't really accomplish anything. I think it was a bit of an unfair comparision myself. He wasn't setting out to accomplish anything specifically.

Regardless, it was a wonderful jump. My cousin and I were talking and we said we hoped Redbull paid him enough so that he doesn't have to work anymore because it would really suck to go back to work on Monday after falling from space over the weekend....:lol:

They would say the same thing about going to mars and many other things. It's not way we find out by going to mars or jumping from 120,000 feet up that's important as much as the technology it takes to do that. That's where the inventions come into play. I hate when people downplay NASA and things like this saying it's useless.

so this dude jumped out of a hot air balloon at 100,000', and broke mach 1 on his way down? Impressive!

Helium, not hot air. You'd have a very hard time getting a hot air balloon to function at higher altitudes.

Yeah didn't think of that.

Not to get off topic, but how is the ghettobook holding up? Thinking of starting a project like that.

Yeah didn't think of that.

Not to get off topic, but how is the ghettobook holding up? Thinking of starting a project like that.

Well, I'm actually rebuilding it right now. I learned a lot from using the original version for a while.

Don't start a project like this because you want the finished product. That will definitely end in disaster. I did it because I enjoy the challenge of building something completely ridiculous and impractical. It was intended to be a proof of concept more than anything. I doubt I'll have something I can use every day without expecting constant issues until the third or fourth iteration at earliest.

If you still want to go forward with it, PM me and I can give you a lot of advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom