recommendations needed

alien-_-1

Solid State Member
Hi i was giving a radeon hd 7950 3gb and a i7 3.6ghz that my friend got as an unwanted present and im thinking of using them to build a gaming/multimedia pc and was wondering what motherboard would be good o get i have a budget of £200-300 mby a lil more and i dont mind the size as im going to btuild my own case

How can we possibly offer advice on a motherboard, when you don't tell us what processor you have???

Attachments

• scratch head - unsure.gif
    scratch head - unsure.gif
    2 KB · Views: 23
I have an i 7 processor 3.6ghz

The i7 is a series of processors. Starting with the i7 920 about 4 years ago, that sold for $300, up to the present i7 3960X that costs $1,000. There have been many others over the past 4 years.

Some of them require different motherboard chip sets and sockets.

So you see, no one can possibly offer a motherboard suggestion, without knowing exactly which i7 CPU you have.

I need a board thays suports socket lga 1155 .o amd if possible one ud recomend for socket lag1366 for a later project

I need a board thays suports socket lga 1155 .o amd if possible one ud recomend for socket lag1366 for a later project

Ahh, ok, now we're gettin' some where! The socket LGA1366 contains the X58 chip set for the older series of i7 processors, like the i7 920, 930, 940, 950, 965, and others. AMD is absolutely not possible, these are Intel only boards

The LGA1155 boards, are for the later versions of the i7 series for Sandy Bridge, (Z68 chip sets), and Ivy Bridge, (Z77 chip sets).

You need to look on the chip itself, and tell me the exact designation. For instance, it might say i7 2500, or i7 2600k, or i7 3570k. I need to know that before I can suggest a motherboard.

You also need to tell me if you intend to overclock this processor or not. That will also help to determine the board you need.

Back
Top Bottom