New GPU

RFM1997

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I'm not a computer expert so I came here to ask advice to experts. ;)
My problem is, I bought a HP Desktop in 2009 these are the specs:

Intel Core 7 920 2.67 ghz
Pegatron Truckee Mobo
ATI Radeon HD 4600 series
1 TB Hard drive
6 GB Ram
Monitor: HP 2009v 1600x900

So, it's a stock HP computer of 2009, I want to buy a new motherboard (cannot be too expensive, I want a very good Graphics card with at least directX 11 and to be capable of running latest games without problems) and a GPU, my budget is 500Euro, please help me :)

RFM

My first thought is that you'd probably be better off just building a new machine, or buying a kit. HP computers are very proprietary. I have no idea what a Pegatron Trucker motherboard is??? You'd need to measure it to be sure that a standard size ATX, or similar board will fit in the case.

I'm also guessing that the power supply is probably no more than about 300, maybe 350 watts, which will not support a decent graphics card. You'll run into other issues as well. O.E.M. machines like the HP, Dell, Compaq, etc., are really not designed to be upgraded.

Hello, thank you for your answer :)

Also, a Pegatron Truckee Mobo is the HP Pavillion Elite standard motherboard. I want a new mobo because this one causes a lot of BSODS and wifi problems, plus, I can't overclock my Cpu because it's an OEM mobo.

Basically, that motherboard is very rustic in power management and data transfers...

Anyways, looking forward to more replies :)

RFM

You can install ani PCI-E graphics card in there. BSODs are fixable. I don't see why waste money on a new build...even if it's 1366.

Back
Top Bottom