Best laptop for $30?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
I've been looking to save up some money for a new computer, I have chosen some laptops in the $1k range, that's going to take a while. My Inspiron 9400 has been doing some odd things(whining high pitched noises, etc), and I'm not sure if it will hold out until I get a new laptop. I turned to my K23 and my awesome huge pile of parts. I got the wifi working, but the touchpad stopped working, and now it randomly shuts off. Now I've been looking at some laptops on ebay in the $30 range. I have a lot of A/C adapters and spare hard drives laying around, so those won't be a problem. Looking for Speed/Reliability here.

Averatec 3150 Parts or Repair | eBay
Seems promising, HS is about $10.

HP Compaq EVO N610c 2 0GHz Intel P4 for Parts or Repair not Working | eBay, works but is missing tons of stuff

HP Pavilion N5470 Laptop AMD 1 0GHz 20GB HDD 512MB RAM | eBay, bad inverter, easy repair

Gateway 600YGR Laptop Tested PIV Mobile 1 6GHz 512MB CD RW Cracked Hinges | eBay, needs lcd bezel

Toshiba Satellite A60 S156 Boots BIOS XP Pro COA DVD ROM for Parts Free Shipping | eBay, missing 2 covers, probably best deal

Thanks guys!

I looked them all up, leaving only 3 of them:

600YGR - 64mb 7500 graphics

N610C - 32mb 7500 Graphics

A60 - 64mb 7000 IGP Graphics

Which one of these is better for games, not new games but old ones like HL2 and minecraft. I know the 7500 can play minecraft.

CPU and Ram do not matter I can upgrade them later.

I looked them all up, leaving only 3 of them:

600YGR - 64mb 7500 graphics

N610C - 32mb 7500 Graphics

A60 - 64mb 7000 IGP Graphics

Which one of these is better for games, not new games but old ones like HL2 and minecraft. I know the 7500 can play minecraft.

CPU and Ram do not matter I can upgrade them later.

You're going to be sorely disappointed if you think any of these laptops will play any type of decent game. Minecraft isn't exactly an old game... Laptops generally share system memory for the video. My desktop with a dedicated 7800GT lags on Minecraft even at the lowest distance view settings.

Upgrading a CPU in a laptop that old really isn't going to do much for performance... You can only get CPUs that work with the socket, so it's not like anything you can get that's better than what's already in it is gonna be much of an improvement.

You're going to be sorely disappointed if you think any of these laptops will play any type of decent game. Minecraft isn't exactly an old game... Laptops generally share system memory for the video. My desktop with a dedicated 7800GT lags on Minecraft even at the lowest distance view settings.

Upgrading a CPU in a laptop that old really isn't going to do much for performance... You can only get CPUs that work with the socket, so it's not like anything you can get that's better than what's already in it is gonna be much of an improvement.

I don't exactly play minecraft that often anymore. Minecraft lags on your 7800? What cpu do you have? Optifine definitely stopped the chunk loading lag on my x1400m.

Anyways I got paid for doing some work around the yard and I'm looking at a few R52's. Anyone know if an Inverter from a R40 works in a R52? they use the same screen but I don't know about anything else in the assembly.

Back
Top Bottom