Gaming on Windows 8

Fear1

Baseband Member
I was wondering will games such as minecraft be playble on windows 8 even though it won't be on the app store, since notch refused to "certify" minecraft. I was also wondering if you could play steam games also such as skyrim?

My advice is to stay with Windows 7 for gaming and everything else.

I've been using Windows 8 since the Release Preview on Feb 29th and have done entensive testing and benchmarking on it including the RC and RTM.Windows 7 x64 beats it almost every time.

The latest is not always the greatest as Windows 8 proves.

Well would you be able to play any game out there but just not buy it of the Microsoft marketplace, since I am a HUGE Minecraft fan but would you be able to download it online and would it work? Other games that are 16+ can also be bought of steam or disc right? Since amazon.ca is having a sale on windows 8 ($180 off) so this would save me a lot of money and I am on a very tight budget since my rig itself would cost 1500.

Last edited:
I decided to go with Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit English 1-Pack DSP DVD - OEM since windows 8 doesn't seem to be doing soo good with the gaming industry :/

Should i take the 64 bit version then? (They are the same price)

Absolutely! The 32 bit version is provided for people who have compatibility issues with expensive software that they cannot, or will not, give up.

Just Google around a little and you'll see the difference between 32, and 64 bit OS. Just the use of memory alone is a major factor in going 64bit.

Back
Top Bottom