Update windows 7

KANIBOY85

Baseband Member
I have windows 7 pro 64bit or ultimate cant remember it were the most expensive one. I want to know if there is a way to download any windows 7 updates from a second machine and install them on mine.
My machine isn't connected to the Internet as its in the studio. Is this possible

Yes, you could go to M$ website, and download individual updates, burn them to a DVD, and then install them on the non-Internet machine.

The problem is, how do you know what updates you're non-Internet computer requires?

yes this is true what Hameister said you can download direct from Microsoft however there is a program that searches what updates are needed and then downloads only the relevant ones it downloads all updates from microsoft for all the lastiest versions of windows XP - Vista And 7 32bit and 64bit and burns it to an iso then it will update you need to update this ofter as well to stay up to date follow the video and instuctions

Link

WSUS Update Microsoft Windows & Office without an Internet Connection by Britec - YouTube

Hope this helps you

Kind Regards

Both help but as other windows go. Updates were done in service packs isn't it just the same for windows 7. Driver updates aren't a problem as I have them via the relevant website to each brand.

Installing a "Service Pack",... any service pack,.... for any Windows OS, will only provide updates available at the time the service pack was released.

There are many more updates available in between service pack releases.

But surely with windows 8 soon the last of windows 7 service packs is due to arrive soon

But surely with windows 8 soon the last of windows 7 service packs is due to arrive soon
You're missing the point. For example, do you know what service pack level you are at currently? There has been only one service pack update to win 7 and probably 200 or more updates since then.
The best thing for you to do is to download all updates for win 7; the updater will reject the ones you don't need. Also, it will likely take several passes to complete the task.

Can I ask why you feel the need to update if you are not on the internet anway? Don't the updates just protect you from Internet vulnerabilities.

They will continue to update and offer service packs for 7 long after 8 comes out - just like they did for XP even though 7 was out.

But is it worth getting any as its not connected to the Internet and my softwAre comes from paid for disc's. and windows 7 hasn't done any damage or hic ups yet. Sp1 I got.

Can I ask why you feel the need to update if you are not on the internet anway? Don't the updates just protect you from Internet vulnerabilities.

They will continue to update and offer service packs for 7 long after 8 comes out - just like they did for XP even though 7 was out.

Windows Update is there to fix bugs in the software and operating system as well as internet vulnerabilities it is important to update as regular as possible to fix common issues within operating system releases what is the problem with just using the program or
Suggestions suggested and then update when online.

Back
Top Bottom