custom rig? super high end

Hahaha true I don't think he knows what he is taliking about I think he means hdd space not ram well I think ?????

After reading through this thread, I have come to two conclusions.

1) The OP is just trolling for attention.

2) He's smoking something illegal.

i was talking about an amd server work station

and that amount of ram is not over kill i do computer software research and development

for something "something extremely intensive."

i know games dont use much ram, on the other hand to load them up is another, i really like loading up id rage to a my ram disk its awesome

plus having that much ram for all of your most used media for all of your room mates is a plus, @ super speed streaming

2U Server (Multi Processor Server, Enterprise 4-way Server, Quad Opteron Server, 512GB RAM)

4 x 16-Core 2.30GHz - AMD Opteron 6276 - 16MB Cache, 115W
512GB (32 x 16GB) DDR3 ECC Registered Memory

iXsystems, Inc. - AX-2406 Rackmount 2U Server

• 4 x Sixteen/Twelve/Eight-Core AMD Opteronâ„¢ 6000 series processors supported (Socket G34)
  • AMD SR5690/SR5670/SP5100 Chipsets
  • Up to 512GB ECC Registered DDR3 1600/1333/1066 SDRAM in 32 DIMM Sockets
  • 2 x PCI-e 2.0 x16 2 x PCI-e 2.0 x8 1 x Universal slot

Thinkmate : AMD Opteron Servers

a regular i7 ivy bridge rig would be fine except i cant find any comsumer motherboard that support over 32gb

so if any one knows any intel workstation that can take tesla cards and supports 128 - 256 + GB ram

I will be grateful

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

i remember reading it somewhere i cant find it though thats why im asking

Build yourself an X79 system with a 3930K, fill it up with 64GB or RAM, assign 60GB of RAM to ramdisk and leave 4GB for Windows. This would cost you roughly $4000 to $5000 for top-end components plus a couple of decent graphics cards. Either that, or like Hammer said, stop namedropping and get on with the real program...

Back
Top Bottom