Is work harder thank school ?

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Hi I'm 15 and school is getting a tad hard at the moment I was just thinking if work is as hard as going to school thanks

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

rowcon123 said:
Hi I'm 15 and school is getting a tad hard at the moment I was just thinking if work is as hard as going to school thanks

Sorry for the typo's I'm still getting used to the iPad keybord

Depends. I would love to go back to college, college was easy. I was doing what I wanted (in terms of schooling) and enjoyed it and was good at it.

High School was ok for me because I was good at school in general.

Work, in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad either - assuming you enjoy it. If you're in a job you don't like then it's just a grind and its not fun.

In terms of how much it challenges you and how difficult you find it there is no right or wrong answer.

You could have a job driving one of the google maps cars where you just drive about all day down every street you see along every road and in that sense no work is pretty easy. However you could work on a building sit where it is physically demanding all day, likewise you could be in a high pressure office job with deadliens to hit making you work up to midnight every day and start again at 6 in the morning.

So it largely depends on the job you are lucky enough to end up with.

I've been in 4 different jobs for a year each since leaving school and i would say that work is harder than school.

The hours are longer, there is more pressure to do well, through risk of losing your job and no longer having any money or house or car . . . . . and my current job is more challenging than school ever was.

In terms of how much it challenges you and how difficult you find it there is no right or wrong answer.

You could have a job driving one of the google maps cars where you just drive about all day down every street you see along every road and in that sense no work is pretty easy.

This would be awful, in my opinion. I would be so bored!

However you could work on a building sit where it is physically demanding all day

I would much rather have this type of job where at least I get to do something different everyday.

Really depends on the school and the job itself, I'd say they are both the same except you don;t have to worry about exams/coursework etc

This would be awful, in my opinion. I would be so bored!

I would much rather have this type of job where at least I get to do something different everyday.

I didnt say something different everyday you could be carrying bricks up a ladder for 6 months while houses are being built :)

Also in regards to the Google maps one i don't know if it would be so boring? I mean the point i made is that it would be easy but on the boring note, you'd be able to drive everywhere absolutely everywhere in your country? i don't think that would be so bad?

You're your own boss, you can take a break when you want and you get to gather peoples wifi information :)

LOL....I was just trying to make the point that what one persons considers hard/easy, another person is going to consider them the opposite. Just depends on personal taste and the individual.

I used to hate school. like...A LOT. but i found work is much harder. School is easy. you go for about 6-8 hours and your done. Work is 24/7

For me:-

School: 9am -> 3:30pm Mon-Fri. Weekends, several week and fortnight periods of holiday. Xmas off for 2 weeks, Easter 2 weeks, etc. Never really did much In school, was always pretty easy and stress-free.

Work: (current job) Either 9am until 6pm or 10am until 7pm, Mon-Sun (40Hrs /week in shift rota). 28 days Hols a year (not necesarily get xmas off other than xmas day, last year the only day off I had around Xmas was xmas day. Worked all through new years). Stress-intensive helpdesk environment with well over 1000 users with roughly 40-50 phone calls each per day.

Yeah, yeah.

For me:-

School: 9am -> 3:30pm Mon-Fri. Weekends, several week and fortnight periods of holiday. Xmas off for 2 weeks, Easter 2 weeks, etc. Never really did much In school, was always pretty easy and stress-free.

Work: (current job) Either 9am until 6pm or 10am until 7pm, Mon-Sun (40Hrs /week in shift rota). 28 days Hols a year (not necesarily get xmas off other than xmas day, last year the only day off I had around Xmas was xmas day. Worked all through new years). Stress-intensive helpdesk environment with well over 1000 users with roughly 40-50 phone calls each per day.

Yeah, yeah.
yeah yeah is right. sounds like you have a hectic life lol:lol:

Back
Top Bottom