Graphics Cards

Jake-

In Runtime
Is it true you cannot Tri-Screen While In Crossfire?

Anybody know why this is?

I have the HD7950 Black, and love the output, but would like to add 2 more screens for multi-tasking when not gaming, disable them and run tri screen, but need a second card.

Is there a way of doing this?

All help much appreciated.

Also Do You think This is Real? http://steam-games-free.com/?i=el19qprne
I doubt any company would give free games out :?

i find that hard to believe. In the days of nvidia GTX 200 and below and radeon 4000 and below, it was necessarily to have 2 cards in order to run 3 monitors at once.

Ok, I can see, didnt make i clear enough. Thanks for reply though.

I am currently running Tri-Screen, but would like to add two more monitors, but just my Card on its own does have 5 outputs.

So i was thinking of buying another card, for extra outputs and more power while running 3 monitors in tri-screen, however i have read that you cannot eyefinity while in crossfire :(

While running eyefinity i dont want the other two monitors on, but i dont want to spend another £300 on a card, and feel no extra benefits other than two monitors (that still wont be used during eyefinity)

So is it true you carnt tri-screen in crossfire? and if it is, is there a cheaper way of getting the two extra outputs?

thanks, Jake.

unfortunally i didn't know about that untill i did some research and found this:
AMD Eyefinity FAQs

This link is full of information about multiple monitors and cards.
for what i can read later in the article, there should NOT be any difference if you are running CrossFire or not.

Can I run AMD Eyefinity technology with AMD CrossFireâ„¢ technology?
Any AMD Eyefinity technology configuration that works with a single graphics card will work with AMD CrossFireâ„¢ technology, however all monitors must connect to the primary graphics card. In most systems, this will be the GPU installed closest to the CPU. This is true for both AMD Radeonâ„¢ graphics and AMD FireProâ„¢ professional graphics products.

You can run Eyefinity with a Crossfire configuration. Just all 3 screens (that you want used for eyefinity) need to be plugged into the main card.

in your settings menu under Catalyst Control Center, you can set up a "Favorites list" so that at one click you can go from one screen, to eyefinity across all 3 screens.

Back
Top Bottom