Should we be concerned about Huawei as a security risk?

There should be tariffs placed on parts they use that are shipped in from China. There should be heavy taxes placed on profits made in this country. There should be a stipulation that 50% or better of the balance after taxes must be spent in this country.
They should have documentation backing all that up from an American accounting firm. Not any fudged crap from the mother land offices.
If they want to play here it should be by our rules. Otherwise stay the f*** out.

There should be tariffs placed on parts they use that are shipped in from China. There should be heavy taxes placed on profits made in this country. There should be a stipulation that 50% or better of the balance after taxes must be spent in this country.
They should have documentation backing all that up from an American accounting firm. Not any fudged crap from the mother land offices.
If they want to play here it should be by our rules. Otherwise stay the f*** out.

You forgot to mention about hiring American workers to work in this country. To get back on track, do you see Huawei as a possible security risk to the US if they enter into the telecommunications business over here where, e.g., the Chinese may get easier access to our military secrets.?

I don't think you need to worry about the Chinese trying to get at our military secrets. That's just the media trying to make a big hype about China. Our real concern should be Iran and Israel.

Considering the Chinese make like 99% of the parts for mobile devices I'm pretty sure nothing about having company also put them all together into one device isn't a big deal. Particularly since them building the iPhone for years hasn't resulted in anything. All hype, no threat.

I don't think you need to worry about the Chinese trying to get at our military secrets. That's just the media trying to make a big hype about China. Our real concern should be Iran and Israel.
Trying not to hijack this thread I think you under estimate China, China is a big threat to the western world..... they have done a massive military build up in the last decade or two and the USA recognizes that....understand your history and do not forget.

Back on subject I think it is bad policy to let foreign owned business to run your own countries critical infrastructures as this leaves it open to espionage & exploitation.

Trying not to hijack this thread I think you under estimate China, China is a big threat to the western world..... they have done a massive military build up in the last decade or two and the USA recognizes that....understand your history and do not forget.

Back on subject I think it is bad policy to let foreign owned business to run your own countries critical infrastructures as this leaves it open to espionage & exploitation.
They have a military, yes, as does any developed country. They have no reason to attack us. We buy half their stuff anyway. They don't hate us like the media might try and make it seem. I bring this up with my roommate who is a student from China and he thinks it's stupid that the US always is making the Chinese look like a big military power ready to attack us. No one in his country spreads rumors like that. It's not a topic there, he says it would never happen. They depend on us for food...

Back
Top Bottom