Ok tech explorer try this on for size

setishock

Wizard of Wires
1> Define "normal" as it applies to humans.
2> Define infinity.
3> Why is a random number generator not really random?
4> Where did the componets of the big bang come from?
5> If we do find life on other worlds such as Mars, how will it affect humanity as a whole?

2> Define infinity.
4> Where did the componets of the big bang come from?
5> If we do find life on other worlds such as Mars, how will it affect humanity as a whole?

1) It means to be free from mental disease
2) If you're talking about George Cantor, it's where you can take a subset of the the entire set of the numbers and put it into one-to-one correspondence of the entire set.
3) Undetermined
4) From a (very) tiny point
5) When I see it on tv I'll let you know. For now I don't give a rat's ass and I don't think the majority does either.

Any more Wiki questions?

Guys, you've been around a while you know this forum has a PM function . . . . . .

We define everything as a mental disease. Being normal doesn't mean free of a mental disease. Look into Temple Gandin, he autism is what made her able to do the things she does. Einstein would be diagnosed with Asperger's in today's world.

5) They already found signs of water. And I'm surprised you don't care, Tech Explorer, being someone interested in technology.

FYI Tech Explorer, I deleted your other thread, you can just post it in here... No need to start a second thread on the same topic.

We define everything as a mental disease. Being normal doesn't mean free of a mental disease. Look into Temple Gandin, he autism is what made her able to do the things she does. Einstein would be diagnosed with Asperger's in today's world.

5) They already found signs of water. And I'm surprised you don't care, Tech Explorer, being someone interested in technology.

FYI Tech Explorer, I deleted your other thread, you can just post it in here... No need to start a second thread on the same topic.

I already knew about the water which doesn't mean that life exists or ever existed on that planet. Too bad you deleted the other thread as I would have liked to see setishock's response to it plus it gave a response to his fifth question. A check of the internet turned up this recent report for mental disease in America: http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=15398441

Last edited:
I already knew about the water which doesn't mean that life exists or ever existed on that planet. Too bad you deleted the other thread as I would have liked to see setishock's response to it plus it gave a response to his fifth question. A check of the internet turned up this recent report for mental disease in America: 1 in 5 Americans Suffers From Mental Illness - ABC News
Trust me, I know, my close friend has Aspergers, and I have worked with kids with mild disabilities for months. It doesn't mean that they aren't normal and we are. We are all a bit different and being defined as normal is relative to ourselves.
No it doesn't mean there was life, it's still interesting that there was water though.

You can post it in this thread, there was no need for a separate thread on the same topic.

Nope not wiki. Did those off the top of my head.

2> Define infinity.
4> Where did the component's of the big bang come from?

1> Superman22x put it so well. " We are all a bit different and being defined as normal is relative to ourselves. "
Now I add to that my own perspective. " Or as we appear to act within a sociological environment. " If you live in a town and every one is an axe murderer, and you are too, then with in that group you are normal. Some one on the outside looking in will see aberrant behavior.
It's a topic that can be discussed for years and not reach a satisfactory conclusion.

2> This one's easy. Space with out boundaries.

3> Because the RNG program needs a seed to start from. If you see how the program works and know the seed number, you can, track the output. In certain circles the name now used is sudo random number generator.

4> If you know of the story of creation and know about the big bang theory, then read the rest of this with an open mind. It is not meant to offend. This story is of my own concoction.
" In the beginning God gathered everything around Him into His Mighty Hands. He squeezed Them together with such Power that when He opened them again, there was a bright flash and a loud bang.
And our universe sprang forth. "
Now since no one can explain where the ingredient of the bang came from, you ponder the question then take a leap of faith.
(You want deep? There ya go. Seti style.)

5> When visitors from another world land on our world the belief that a Divine Power created this world and put us on it and in that belief think that we are the only advanced creatures on the only inhabitable world in this universe, will be shattered. I envision suicides will be rampant. Morality would be no more. Governments would collapse. And religion would be dealt a blow it couldn't recover from. That's my take on that.

And that was the sort of response I was looking for.

With respect to #1 and axe murderers, are we talking about reality or philosophy? If reality, then we have one type of definition. If philosophy, then a different type of definition would apply. I would prefer to go with a recognized body of experts, namely a group of psychologists with their definition as to what's normal and abnormal. With infinity, are you talking about infinity as taught in calculus or George Cantor's infinity?
With #3 and irrational, no computer can produce the entire decimal sequence representation of an irrational number because these sequences are infinite and there's no way to predict what the next decimal will be of these numbers built up from roots of numbers nor the transcendental numbers, which sounds like random to me.

Do you consider yourself to be an expert in these matters?

Back
Top Bottom