Newbie question

Insion

Beta member
Hi,
i just wanted to know if i could make a good old pentium 4 and a intel duo core work together parallaly. If yes how and what would be the o.s. for the setup?

Thanks!

You'd need a motherboard containing two completely different sockets. I know of no such animal.

Besides, why would you want to do such a thing, with such old, outdated chips?

Hi,
i just wanted to know if i could make a good old pentium 4 and a intel duo core work together parallaly. If yes how and what would be the o.s. for the setup?

Thanks!
Are you talking network?

Some big severs and mainframes (if still used) motherboards can have more then one CPU socket, then you need a OS that can "link" the CPU's together.

Need I say more?

Some big severs and mainframes (if still used) motherboards can have more then one CPU socket, then you need a OS that can "link" the CPU's together.

Need I say more?
If it is a motherboard that supports two CPU's then the CPU's have to be identical otherwise the motherboard does not work.....
Intel Xeon CPU's were mainly used on server boards that supported two CPU's.

All Windows OS's can be used to link PC,s such as networking, why you state an OS to link the CPU's is bit baffling if any your lack of understanding how dual processors work in a motherboard.

Last edited:
My teacher said that to me, so it must be true.

That last post was if you wanted to have two or more CPU's come together as one,
that is what I mean by "link"

Please respect that I am still in school learning about OS and Programming.

I'm not really up with the play with OS.

Back
Top Bottom