Map network drive outside domain

I want to share a specific folder to a specific user outside the domain on a single local userprofile that everyone logs into. (so there will be no login screen when windows starts) i know its a strange request.
I was thinking about making a script where the user types in there domain username so the computer knows what folder to make a shortcut of to the desktop, and then there domain password to grand the access to it.
Thanks allot for that you are willing to help. i am sure it's a strange wish i have, but i have my reasons to want it like this.

Some information about the folder setup:
The Students folders are inside "elever" (thats students in danish) it is located in C:\bruger\elever
I have no shared folders on the C:\ drive. only the D:\ has shared folders. Like my MSI and Tools folder.
all other folders inside "elever" are created as a homefolder when the user profile is created.
like so: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7382/homefolder.png

So i can imagen that it would be more difficult because nothing is really shared.
I can share the "elever" folder if that would do a difference.

I'll send the text file tomorrow when i get to work, if you still want it.
If you have any alternatives than that could also be great.

here is a small part of the text file since it is too big to just post here.
I can edit your file too my needs. You don't have to do this if it's too much.
i know that it is not the right way to share folders to so many users. the right way is to have them on a domain.

I am not sure why you would need the names. it is gonna be a problem if i have a file that goes on a journey to ask:
are you name henrik?.. No? ok, are your name hanriette then? no? are your name...... and so on.
We do get new users every month, and every month we have users to leaves.

I was thinking more of a set commend. like:
@echo off
SET /P Username=type in your login username
SET /P Pass=Type in your password
net use X: \\Server\elever\%Username% /USER:Server\%Username% %Pass%

but this does not work since the computer is not a member of the domain.
i can however still see the students folders by typing in \\thyregod\elever (i have shared the "elever" folder, and giving the permissions "everyone" full control) in the RUN program, but i still can't access them with a local user.

The small part of the list:
abin0007
adri0597
aeva0004
albe0955
alex221a
alex4664
alex546b
alix2587
aliy0032
alma0708
amal2285
amal3354
amal8771
aman2155
ande9299
ande9498
andr098a
andr590e
andr6470
andr7537
andr7538
anet0068
anet0416
anik0154
anna116f
anna762a
anna769d
anna770d
anne056w
anne1012

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

If you have any idea to my crazy project, then plz, tell me.

there is an easy way through the command line to set permissions.
goto Set Permissions for Shared Folders
you need to use a batch file and spawn a folder with the users name and then set the permission via {{cacls}} that way a batch will create the file, share it and give that user access. so if a user is connected to the same network they can access it by typing \\server\that user\ from the explorer and they will need their user and pass to login. once connected they can map to a drive.

Back
Top Bottom