Virus: "e621ca05.exe"

Justin979271

Baseband Member
Hello everyone. My friend and I were playing Killing Floor on steam originally, and talking on skype. I received a file from someone else in the middle of the game. After we were done playing, I was giving him some tips on how to survive since he is new to the game. I subconsciously downloaded the file from the person who sent it to me. For some reason, when I talk to someone I am unaware of to what I am doing. I get really involved in the conversation. I downloaded the
"e621ca05.exe" " and avast! came up, it said it blocked. I lost everything on my external drive. I did some research on the virus, so I understand it to an extent. Even though I know a lot about computers, like networking, I also don't know much about computer viruses. I am mainly a programmer and I fix hardware. I panicked at first because I thought it was a key logger for some reason. I changed my email contact address for steam and my steam password. Everything on my external drive was wiped. There wasn't really anything that important, but still. My computer has been acting fine though. I have restarted and still. I am quite paranoid though since I don't know much about computer viruses. I need to learn. I am doing a full system scan with avast, and then my other friend; I told him about it. This is someone else, not the friend I was playing killing floor with. He asked me to send it to him so he can take a look. His flash drive was wiped. He suggested I do a boot time scan which I plan on doing as well. So, what do I do?

Here is a picture of the avast log:

avast.png picture by Justin97927 - Photobucket

Back
Top Bottom