Random Chit Chat

it's still kind of crappy since they said it would be fixed in a week now it has been a week and a half. You are probably right with the tech logging more time. For my dad this is a bad thing since he is utterly dependent on me to set up all his computer related affairs but I am leaving tomorrow until Christmas for school

See, that's just it. They don't physically log more time. Because they're not actually replacing more stuff; It's effectively cheating the system.

Kind of an odd question, but has anyone here used inflatable boats before? I'm thinking about doing some bike camping, but all the parks around here are on bayous, and thus accessible only by water. I remember using a cheapo one years ago, but it basically felt like an oversized pool toy, and got all saggy when put in the water.

superman22x said:
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is the first player in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

BAHAHA Thats funny. My argument is that the defender has to "complete the catch" just like a receiver. So when they landed it was a tie and the offense gets ties. The league reviewed the play and agreed. HOWEVER, regardless of who caught it, what about the offensive pass interference on Tate, watch it one more time only find a clip that starts a little sooner than most of them. He full on shoves a defender in the back and knocks him to the ground. Thats the blown call.

BAHAHA Thats funny. My argument is that the defender has to "complete the catch" just like a receiver. So when they landed it was a tie and the offense gets ties. The league reviewed the play and agreed. HOWEVER, regardless of who caught it, what about the offensive pass interference on Tate, watch it one more time only find a clip that starts a little sooner than most of them. He full on shoves a defender in the back and knocks him to the ground. Thats the blown call.
No the rule says it's the first person to grab the ball even if they both touch the ground with control. In this case, I don't think Tates ever had control. The offense only gets the tie if they were the first person to touch the ball. It's not a tie about when it's controlled, just when it's touched.
And yep, that was another blown call.

Last edited:
Wow, I've been having so many computer problems lately. My desktop suddenly wouldn't post, so I RMA'ed the mobo since all the other components worked in a different system. Then I get the new one and it's having exactly the same issue. Today I started playing around with it and it decided to boot, but only with one stick of memory, not the other (I definitely tested this when troubleshooting before). So then I boot it up, and the first thing I'm greeted with is windows asking to be reactivated. When i try that it turns out the NIC on this new mobo is dead. UGH. Guess I'm gonna have to rma again. Oh, and Microsoft's automated phone thing is telling me windows has been activated too many times and I should just buy another copy. Back to linux I guess....

It is nice to have screen space again. I was going crazy with nothing but that ten inch netbook.

Last edited:
Why did u use the netbook's screen anyway?

When I have a failure of my main rig and have to use my laptop I hook up my mouse and keyboard and a monitor and leave the lid closed. It gives me a barely tolerable setup but it's awful for gaming being that my laptop is from 2008. I am debating replacing it soon though it is quite slow but it may just need windows reinstalled.

I did complain about some of the laptop's issues in a thread I made debating replacing it or just getting a bigger HDD.

I think what I may do is reinstall windows and see if that makes a difference and use my external HDD for extra storage.

My last consideration is whether to buy a copy of windows 8 for that computer while there is that 40$ thing going on since I don't have a legit windows copy for the laptop anymore due to the original product key wearing off. The thing that really baffles me is why are the words microsoft windows vista still perfectly legible but the product key has totally vanished.

Next laptop I get I am going to put a piece of clear tape over the sticker to preserve it

It's an older netbook with GMA 950 graphics. Videos and such don't render smoothly at all when using a higher resolution monitor.

Have you tried magic jelly bean to extract the product key? It won't help if you've installed another OS though. You might also be able to get the product key from the manufacturer if you give them the serial number. Honestly I have no clue if they keep records of this, but it's worth a try.

Random thought: Does anybody here know how to make sweet and sour sauce like you get at American "Chinese" restaurants? A while back I went and tried a few recipes I found on the internet, but none of them even came close. Most seem to use brown sugar and ketchup for some reason, which just makes it taste like nasty baked beans.

Back
Top Bottom