Map network drive outside domain

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
Hi there.
I currently have a little problem on hand.
I have removed a group of computer from the domain, and i still want the users to be able to use there network drive. I can find there drive folder easily by typing in //thyregod/students/studentName. (i know that / should be reversed, but i am currently on a tablet)
When i find there students folders i can't access them. i will be able to access them if i change the permissions to everyone has full control on the folders, but i don't want all users to access each others files and i don't want to manually go to each folder and change permissions. there are like 400 users.
i wont a script that gives access to there folder from the domain, even though the PC is not a member of the domain.

do you guys have any idea what to do?

Thanks for replying.
Do they then have to choose a new username and password, or can they just use there domain login?
would it be quick and easy to apply this to 400 folders each with different passwords so a user can't access another user's files?

It should be quick and easy to do, else it's not worth it.
i have other things of higher priority as well.
Thanks anyway for your time.

Re: NO 1 matrimonial site in the world

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. no. 1 matrimonial site in the worldIs this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? FREE MOVIES ONLINEEither way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one these days

Would you plz leave our forum. We don't need a spammer like you.

I know only very little C# and C++
It would be more trouble then worth if i should start programming again.
It's 3 years ago that i had some basics programming lessons in C# and C++
However as an administrator I need to know some scripting.
I know Batch well enough to get around and i know a thing or two in PowerShell.

In case you where talking about my spoken languages and not programming languages, it's Danish and English.

I've got to say that a really appreciated your help. Thanks for that.
I can easily make a textfile with the usernames.
If possible i would like NOT to change anything in the "Active Directory Users and Computers"
If possible the script should be able to be launched from the computer it self, and not only from the server.

My main problem from not being able to do this myself is that i get an "access denied" when i try to access a students folder from the computers local user profile (all students would use the same local profile on these computers). I have seen several times where if you do not have access to a folder you get prompt with a Login message where you can enter your domain username and password. that does not happen when the computer is off the domain.
I think i can be able to access the folders when i change the permissions to "everyone full control". but i am not interested in doing that for obvious reasons.

if i can get the login box to appeared, then that might be the tick i am looking for.

Back
Top Bottom