First build ever, please help!

When I add all of that up it is only about 325. If you are willing to spend more you can probably get a much better computer.

Motherboard: A little cheap for a motherboard but not terrible. If you want you can stick with this.

CPU: From what I have read about this cpu is that it is one of the best cpus for the money. Also supposedly really good for overclocking if you ever got a cooler and everything in the future. Stick with this.

Case: Cases aren't a huge deal and all you really have to do when building a entry level computer like this is the form factor for the mother board. This case will work fine and I wouldn't worry about paying more for a different one.

Power supply: The one thing that I looked for when I built my computer was a reputable brand. I have never heard of this brand. Also with this system you do not need 880 watts. something closer to 600 would be fine. My recommendation would be http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Certi...76&sr=1-1&keywords=computer+power+supply+600w

Graphics card: This card is probably not going to hardly be worth the money. The memory is not all that matters, it is mostly about the chip set. I cannot explain how they work as they are one of the hardest parts in a computer to determine which is better than the other. However, they scale very nicely with price, as in the more it costs the better it is. I would recommend a 550ti and it should allow you to play on fairly high settings and isnt that expensive. Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti FPB 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1556-KR: Electronics

together this is about 400$ if you make the changes I said. Also you forgot about an optical drive because the case does not come with it. here is one Amazon.com: LG Electronics GH24NS90B 24 X SATA Super Multi DVD+/-RW Internal Drive - Bulk without Software - Black: Electronics

And lastly a hard drive if you cant use the one from the laptop (I have no idea if you can) Amazon.com: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKX: Electronics
This is a good brand so is reliable with keeping your drive from getting destroyed. It is only 500gb if you want more than you can spend a little more. I personally have only used about 70 gbs on my hard drive since I got it about a year ago but I dont download movies or music.

In total this would cost you about 480$

ok well then here is a suggestion. Amazon.com: Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboard GA-Z68A-D3H-B3: Electronics

I dont really know a lot about boards. This is a decent brand just like the other one but is ATX form factor instead of micro ATX so it has more slots. It might be easier to work with as well. I do not know if you will see any performance boost over the othe however.

Also can you use tigerdirect? maybe some of those prices are better.

I am not sure. Wouldn't mind trying. Just can use new egg because of the 2 day shipping I have to get.

Back
Top Bottom