looking for advice buying a new computer

Coffeetree

Solid State Member
I work at home but would also like to be able to do some gaming on it. I have about a grand to spend (I already have a monitor but I may buy a new one). I think I want a desktop. What suggestions do you have?

We need your current system specs to best advise you.

As a Gamer and with a $1K upgrade budget, you should probably consider spending half of that on the vidcard, then what's left on a probable PSU upgrade (to handle a new, more powerful vidcard) and other items.

I work at home but would also like to be able to do some gaming on it. I have about a grand to spend (I already have a monitor but I may buy a new one). I think I want a desktop. What suggestions do you have?

Hmmm, when you say "I think I want a desktop", it sounds like you're looking to buy a new computer...is that correct? Or, are you talking about upgrading the one you already have?

Going to start from scratch. So I will need something fast enough to handle work, and fun enough for games. And I know Jack about computers so please, talk down to me,

Do you want suggestions for the purchase of a machine, or do you want hardware suggestions to build your own?

To purchase a machine. I really dislike my laptop and if I have to add all this crap just to get it halfway to what I want, I figure I will just buy a new machine.

Well, it seems to me, that since you know you have $1k to spend, and you want a general purpose home machine, that will also be gutsy enough for gaming, it might be best if you went to any number of websites, that specialize in these types of computers.

CyberPower & iBuyPower come to mind, but there are others. AMD based computers will be less expensive, but Intel based machines, will give you better processing performance. You'll have many choices. Why not choose several, then give us links, and perhaps we can help you make a final decision. How does that sound?

Back
Top Bottom