changing operating systems

fergof10

Baseband Member
i was wondering if i have a windows 7 enterprize installed that is not activated can i buy and use the windows 7 ultimate upgrade or oem version. I whould also like to upgrade while keeping all of my files and such

and my friends mum told me that you cant change it because it belongs to the company or something so i want to know exactly what i have to do to get rid of it. for instance getting a new motherboard or reformatting the the hard drive

why not just activate the enterprize version and not go buy the ultimate.
ultimate are expensive and it does not have any fetures that you would need.
i am a little confused about your last post. "mom told me that you cant change it".. change what?
the motherboard and harddisk?

i don't know if you can use the upgrade option with win7 ultimate on another windows 7 install.
it's meant to be upgrade on vista.

my friends mum who is like a programmer told me that i could not chang it for some reason.

the reason i havent activated it is becuase it belongs to my dads friends company and when i try to activate it it say there are two many computers using this key already so i need to chang the operating system in 22 day.

i am also willing to do anything like buy a new motherboard/hard drive or even reformate the old hard drive or watever i need to do so i can have a clean and new install

if you want a clean and new install just format the harddrive and install a new copy of windows 7.
remember to backup all your data that don't want to loss and don't buy the ultimate version. waste of money.
you don't need a new motherboard or harddrive in order to get things working again.
just a clean install. thats it.
i still don't get what you mean by can't change it. are you saying that you can't change the OS?
or the activation key?

upgrade for what ultimate or enterprize

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

okay i cant use my enterprize any more and i want to know if i can just install another os

awsome thank you for all of your help. i was just getting worried because my mums friend said i cant get it of the hard drive

When you enter the installation disk and start the PC, it'll give you the option to delete the existing installation. Once you delete it, your data (files, programs, etc) can not be recovered.

Make one or more backups before doing anything. :)

Back
Top Bottom