A Windows XP Lover!

CalinXP

Beta member
Hi all,
I'm Calin, i love computers and i'm currently building a new self-made PC.
I love Windows XP and i will never switch away from it. I use it right now. My computer is very old (bought 2003) but it was upgraded in june and i can play anything on it. I play minecraft, and trackmania, but i also have a fear with slenderman creepypasta. So this is all to say :whistling:

Welcome to these forums, Calin.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but as much as you may love XP, and it was an excellent OS, it's days are numbered.

Soon you will be running into numerous software, that will no longer run on XP. It's time to think Windows 7.

Windows 8 will came out this month and even if people said it sucks they have tried only the preview, not the full OS, so it could really suck or be better than all :)

^ Partially/Mostly incorrect, the Final Beta version of any OS is almost identical to the retail version, minus the gimmicks that Microsoft put in for retail release.

Minecraft isn't a good measure of PC capability :p You can play Minecraft on a toaster. XP has been ultimately Obsolete for a while now, most companies have shifted to Win7 and MS will can their support for it soon.

either way, Welcome :)

^ Partially/Mostly incorrect, the Final Beta version of any OS is almost identical to the retail version, minus the gimmicks that Microsoft put in for retail release.

Minecraft isn't a good measure of PC capability :p You can play Minecraft on a toaster. XP has been ultimately Obsolete for a while now, most companies have shifted to Win7 and MS will can their support for it soon.

either way, Welcome :)

+1 ^

Yup, all very true. I've had enough experience with Win8 to know I do not like it.

A friend of my has done extensive benchmarking between the final RTM version of Win8, and Win7, and found absolutely no deference in performance between the two operating systems.

Of course, every one is entitled to their own opinion. As for me, I'll skip it and wait for Win9, or what ever comes next.

Just like XP lasted for a number of years beyond M$ expectations, so will Win7, but all good things must come to an end.

It will become more and more difficult to find new hardware, such as GPUs, that have XP drivers available. Not a problem if you don't plan to ever upgrade your system with newer hardware.

Back
Top Bottom