Overclocking i5-3750k

Computear

Daemon Poster
So, I'm happy with my 4.4 GHz @ stock voltage OC. What benchmarks / stress tests should I now run to ensure stability? I ran Prime95 Blend test for 30 minutes with no errors/BSOD and all core temps below 52C (average 44-48C under 100% load).

Also, I wanted to switch it to 4.6 GHz on Core0 & Core1, 4.4 GHz on Core2, and 4.2 GHz on Core3, to see if I could get that stable at stock/low voltage, but it won't let me adjust individual core multiplier anymore? I seem to recall having the ability to before, but now its locked, and I don't know what setting I changed that locked that?

Also once I'm happy with my OC & tested to be stable, I should turn SpeedStep and C1E back on, right?

Also, I left my computer on overnight (after I was convinced it was stable from 30 minutes of Prime95 Blend with no errors and no temps over 52C) with my 4.4 GHz @ stock voltage OC... When I woke up my computer was locking up and acting slow, then blue-screened... even though the CPU was pretty much at idle all night (with speedstep on, so only running at 1600 MHz), when it didn't BSOD or error at all after 30 minutes of Prime95 blend and other benchmarks at 100% load? Should I be concerned? Bump up my voltage? I'll probably have to bump my voltage anyway if I want a stable 4.6/4.6/4.4/4.2 OC, right? What's a "good" voltage for that OC? 1.2V? 1.25V? 1.3V? I want to try to get 4.6/4.6/4.4/4.2 stable under 1.3V if possible... Is that feasible? Should I bother? Would 4.4/4.4/4.2/4.0 at stock voltage be better, considering I probably won't be able to notice any difference in gaming (my primary, and nearly only, use)? Voltage set to offset seems to run at 1.136V under full load if that matters. OR if I can ensure it is stable, should I just leave a stock voltage 4.4 GHz OC across all 4 cores?

This will be a 24/7 OC, as my computer is almost always in full use (gaming, etc.) or powered off. (I use my laptop for other tasks).

Attachments

• x44.png
    x44.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Dude we've been over this, stop making posts like this. This isn't even the same sub-forum as the other thread.
But its best to keep all this info in the same thread so that others using this info can find it all in one spot. Or make a post in the other thread that you've transferred to this thread.

Dude we've been over this, stop making posts like this. This isn't even the same sub-forum as the other thread.

Look, I don't much care for your tone! I have a lot of experience on forums, and when a person has developed a build thread, everything he does relevant to that build stays on that thread.

You don't ask a 1/2 dozen questions on one thread, receive answers to those questions, and then start another thread in another forum, asking the exact same questions. It's ridiculous, and also makes it difficult for others to follow.

More importantly than that, I have spent considerable time, taking screen shots of my BIOS settings to help you out, and answering your many questions daily.

In return, I get "Dude we've been over this, stop making posts like this." :eek: Pretty rude! Perhaps from now on it would be a good idea for you to answer your own questions, or filter through answers from folks who have no more experience that you do.

Look, I don't much care for your tone! I have a lot of experience on forums, and when a person has developed a build thread, everything he does relevant to that build stays on that thread.

You don't ask a 1/2 dozen questions on one thread, receive answers to those questions, and then start another thread in another forum, asking the exact same questions. It's ridiculous, and also makes it difficult for others to follow.

More importantly than that, I have spent considerable time, taking screen shots of my BIOS settings to help you out, and answering your many questions daily.

In return, I get "Dude we've been over this, stop making posts like this." :eek: Pretty rude! Perhaps from now on it would be a good idea for you to answer your own questions, or filter through answers from folks who have no more experience that you do.

And I don't care much to have to explain something so simple to you multiple times, including the part where this kind of stuff belongs in PMs not derailing my posts. I need information from multiple sources, I'm looking to get proper information here, your information isn't always correct... We've been over this, and more than half your posts on this forum are spam in the first place ("why is this post here" isn't constructive). If I wanted answers from only you, I'd PM you, this threads existance should tell you I want answers from people who are not you. And regardless, I got the correct information I needed on a different forum. Anybody who gets all their information in one place is a moron.

Perhaps we'll speak again someday when you've matured a little.

For now, rest assured, I'll no longer be wasting my time with you.

OS-Wiz, he's all yours.

Perhaps we'll speak again someday when you've matured a little.

For now, rest assured, I'll no longer be wasting my time with you.

OS-Wiz, he's all yours.

Unlikely unless you find the time to pull your head out of your ass.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to filter through your arrogance and ignorance to pick useful information out of your posts anymore anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom