Do you find this annoying and ridiculous?

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
Here, at least in NJ, it's no longer good enough to stop at an intersection before making a turn. Now you have to wait 3 to 5 seconds (depending on the town) before you can do so. I've heard of one case where a driver got fined for making the turn in 2.7 seconds. 2.7 seconds! (as a note, these intersections aren't posted).

I'm for safety but we're focusing on the trivial in the stupidest ways imaginable.

Here's an article that relates to what I'm talking about: N.J. Suspends Traffic-Light Cameras in 21 Towns - Businessweek

Last edited:
That's always been a law. It really depends though whether you will get a ticket. No one ever stops for that long. Hell, I rarely come to a complete stop (I check for traffic obviously). But if you look suspicious or something, it can be an excuse to give a ticket.
Wait til you get red light cameras... Then you will really be unhappy.

Actually, when a stop sign is like 10 ft before the actual road you are stopping for, you are supposed to stop behind the sign before rolling forward to check the road. I never do that either, I just roll right up to the road and stop there.

I think the towns are really after your wallet. As the article suggests, more effective ways can be used to deal with running red lights.

What does NJ stand for? andWTF that's just like the most...tardiest thing i've ever heard!

Did you guys know that it's afainst tbe law to eat mince pies on Christmad eve? ... Ohh can't remember if it was Christmas eve i'm talking abkut but i'm sure you get what i mean...

What does NJ stand for? andWTF that's just like the most...tardiest thing i've ever heard!

Did you guys know that it's afainst tbe law to eat mince pies on Christmad eve? ... Ohh can't remember if it was Christmas eve i'm talking abkut but i'm sure you get what i mean...

I suppose there'll always be stupid laws. Outside of the old ones that are no longer relevant, I wonder how stupid laws get passed in the first place?

These laws are legislated for safety so they say but we all know they raise revenue for various governments which contradicts safety at times.

Over hear in Australia a lot of red light & speed cameras have been challenged in the courts & surprisingly motorists have won forcing local authorities to switch them off to be recalibrated & tested plus thousand of fines to be rescinded.

Now it is a big issue here if these devices are being installed for safety or revenue.

These laws are legislated for safety so they say but we all know they raise revenue for various governments which contradicts safety at times.

Over hear in Australia a lot of red light & speed cameras have been challenged in the courts & surprisingly motorists have won forcing local authorities to switch them off to be recalibrated & tested plus thousand of fines to be rescinded.

Now it is a big issue here if these devices are being installed for safety or revenue.

Agreed!! What fits the police are!! ...well I guess they do need To earn money though...

Back
Top Bottom