dual os

bharat

Beta member
i have two os ( windows 7 and xp ) loaded in my pc i want to delete xp from my pc so i opened msconfig to see it but i can see xp os in msconfig boot section can anyone suggest a way to delete xp from my pc thanks in advance...

There are a few options here, depending on how you initially set it up.

If you installed XP on a separate partition, you can simply delete that partition. After that you can delete the entry for XP in the boot tab of msconfig.

You can also go through that same process if you installed XP on a different disk.

If you installed XP and 7 on the same disk and in the same partition, deleting XP will be more difficult. The easiest thing to do would be to back up your data, format the drive and reinstall 7. If you don't want to go that route, you have to locate the XP directories and delete them.

Multi-boot or Multi-booting is the act of installing multiple operating systems.Know days we have larger space available and also we have high processing chip so we can easily access multiple operating system in a single system such as Linux and window in partition .you can reboot the system and there is option of choosing one os for your system disable xp option or Double-click the "Add or Remove Programs" application. This will load a list of programs that you can choose to uninstall. 6. Select "Uninstall Windows XP

change google logo

Back
Top Bottom