video's not playing in full screen mode on new monitor

mlund

Beta member
I recently upgraded from a 19" full screen lcd monitor to a 24" wide screen led. Now most video's won't play in full screen mode. The picture is choppy, but the audio plays fine. The few that will play stop and buffer all the time. My computer is 5-7 years old and this is what I have, Compaq Presario, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, 2.20 GHz, 1GB of ram, XP with service pack 3 and 3 mb dsl. Do I need, more ram, a separate video card, better processor or a new computer? The rest of the computer works fine, I'm looking for a low cost solution if there is one.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded from a 19" full screen lcd monitor to a 24" wide screen led. Now most video's won't play in full screen mode. The picture is choppy, but the audio plays fine. The few that will play stop and buffer all the time. My computer is 5-7 years old and this is what I have, Compaq Presario, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, 2.20 GHz, 1GB of ram, XP with service pack 3 and 3 mb dsl. Do I need, more ram, a separate video card, better processor or a new computer? The rest of the computer works fine, I'm looking for a low cost solution if there is one.

Did you change to a higher resolution with the new monitor?

Yes, I can't remember what I had for resolution on my old monitor. I maxed the new one out at 1920x1080, it looked best on that resolution. I did try lowering the resolution to see if the video's would play and still had the same problem.

Try every screen resolution possible, if you still have no luck, roll the driver back to the standard VGA driver, then install the most up-to-date driver possible. Also play with the settings on the monitor itself, it may be in 4:3 instead of 16:9, however this should not be the issue. Let me know how you go.

tried all screen resolutions and downloaded the most recent drivers and no change in the video's. Monitor is 16:9.

If you have troubles getting it into full screen by clicking. Try pressing. Press F11. It will bring it into a bigger window. It won't take it into a new window, it will just make the window you are in bigger.

Sorry if this was confusing.

There is no problem going to full screen. Once in full screen the picture is very choppy while the audio plays fine.

Back
Top Bottom