NEW PC Setup

Im not sure if Im doing this right? Here are the settings after manual overclock. It seems stable so far. I did the Prim 95 test for 30min and temp was between 45-49c the whole time. should I change anything still?

manual.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure the temps you're reporting were actually displayed by Real Temp, or are you giving me averages? If those are actual temps reported by RT, then your temps are excellent! What is your ambient, (room temp)?

Since you say your OC is stable, there is nothing more to do.

When you post the entire screen shot, it makes the numbers very difficult to read. I would suggest that you crop out your informational results, before you post. I've attached one of mine as an example.

Also, it's always a good idea to include Real Temp results after running, or even while running, Prime95 at 100% load. It gives others a better sense of what's going on.

As a side note, the Asus TurboV and associated tools utility is fine for posting settings, but please don't use it for making your over clock settings. Always do that in the BIOS. The Windows utility is nice eye candy, and it generally reports BIOS settings accurately, but is often inaccurate when used to make BIOS changes. In other words, do your OC in the BIOS, then display the results in the Windows Utility.

So far, everything looks good rio.

Looks nice RIO, lookin' good so far.

ASUS TurboV EVO is for kids :D :lol:
Real overclockers use the BIOS! Much more accurate and better fine-grained control.

Be sure to start Realtemp before you start OCing. It will tell you the min and max temps during the OC session.

lol ok Wiz:eek:
Yeah those temps are after 30min stress test right before I shut it down, the highest it went at the end was 53c but was stable for the most part around 45-49C. My ambient room temp is 75F. I have my DDR voltage set at 1.65 was that ok? And BCLK at 106?
Is real temp a software?
On the side note there is one thing that bothers me and I am not sure if it has to do with overclocking, my mouse stutters and lags at times and this is when nothing is open and I'm just moving the mouse. The stutters could me mild 2-3 sec or wild up to 10sec. any idea what it is?

Last edited:
Here is a nother picture running arauna. I got a score of 7285. But the way I copped it and it still is hard to see. srry.
arauna3-1.jpg

lol ok Wiz:eek:
Yeah those temps are after 30min stress test right before I shut it down, the highest it went at the end was 53c but was stable for the most part around 45-49C. My ambient room temp is 75F. I have my DDR voltage set at 1.65 was that ok? And BCLK at 106?
Is real temp a software?
On the side note there is one thing that bothers me and I am not sure if it has to do with overclocking, my mouse stutters and lags at times and this is when nothing is open and I'm just moving the mouse. The stutters could me mild 2-3 sec or wild up to 10sec. any idea what it is?
Those are good temps considering the ambient temp, CPU voltage, BCLK and Multi; sweet! Yes, Realtemp is a temp monitoring app for both your CPU and GPU. Download it here: Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

Using wireless mouse???? Try a different USB port???

+1 ^ Very nice over clock!

Also, as I said before, please crop your test result reports. When you post the entire screen shot, it's impossible to read many of the results. I cannot possibly read Aruana.

You want your screen shots to look like the ones I've attached below. You can read everything very easily because they've been cropped out.

Attachments

• 4.5GHz Arauna.jpg
    4.5GHz Arauna.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.5GHz Vantage 6-9-12.jpg
    4.5GHz Vantage 6-9-12.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 5
Thanks. Here is a screenshoot of Atto test, seems little slow, speeds are not as advertized I think? I have the OCZ vertex 4.

Attachments

• test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Speed of the drive can depend on the SATA III controller on the motherboard. Some tend to be slower than others. However, it's the access times that you notice, not the speed.

I OC'd an Athlon 3000 by 10 percent and my mouse went all laggy. But when I removed the OC it worked properly again.

Thanks. Here is a screenshoot of Atto test, seems little slow, speeds are not as advertized I think? I have the OCZ vertex 4.

You're correct that drive is not living up to it's specs. Large chuck "Read" should be around 550 mb/s and "Write" about 500 mb/s.

Like some one else said, it could very well be your controller. Do you have that drive plugged in a Native Intel SATA III port, or are you using a port requiring an aftermarket controller?

If you are using a controller, plug it into a Native Intel port and run ATTO again. Your results should be similar to my Mushkin SSD, seen here...

Attachments

• Muskin SSD Performance.jpg
    Muskin SSD Performance.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom