Windows Error Message

Your error is very generic. Give details and we will see what we can do to help you out.

It is like saying, well my car won't go anywhere. Who know why because you did not say anything else about it.

Run a chkdsk on the hard drive.

How do I do a chik dsk?

And I simply can't save anything I try to save a file or a photo or download a program and it saves then I go to open it and that window pops up and it instantly gets removed.

So I really don't know what else to say other than that.

How do I do a chik dsk?

And I simply can't save anything I try to save a file or a photo or download a program and it saves then I go to open it and that window pops up and it instantly gets removed.

So I really don't know what else to say other than that.

Go to My Computer
Right click the Drive
Click Properties
Go to the Tools tab
Under Error-checking, click "Check Now..."

(assuming you are running Windows)

Go to My Computer
Right click the Drive
Click Properties
Go to the Tools tab
Under Error-checking, click "Check Now..."

(assuming you are running Windows)

Yes I am running Windows, Windows 7 Home Premium with a HP laptop 17 inch, 750 harddrive 8gb of ram. So once I run the check and it's done then what do I do I have never done one of these checks before.

Yes I am running Windows, Windows 7 Home Premium with a HP laptop 17 inch, 750 harddrive 8gb of ram. So once I run the check and it's done then what do I do I have never done one of these checks before.

It will check your hard disk for errors. If it comes back with errors, let us know.

I don't want to do it what if I ruin my PC?

CHKDSK is a diagnostic and repair tool provided by MS. If it finds problems in the file structure of the disk it will attempt to correct them and usually succeeds, given minor errors. If it signals you that it can't correct an error(s) its time to backup and get a new disk.

Back
Top Bottom