Case lights recommendation please

starik

Baseband Member
I want blue lights inside my new gaming rig, but the most popular ones on Amazon have reviews saying they can short out your motherboard (?!!!)

Now I'm scared to buy anything. Please recommend some lights you are certain are safe.

How about describing what kind of "lights" you're talking about??? Where do you intend to use these lights??? On hardware? Chassis mounted for interior lighting effect?

CCFL??? Tube lighting??? LEDs??? Animated???

My case has a window. I want the inside to have blue light cast on it. Preferably the source(s) of the light would be obscured - indirect lighting. Maybe a tube of LEDs inside the cover encircling the window just out of sight. I wrote "(?!!!)" to indicate my shock that anyone would install or even manufacture a piece of hardware specifically designed for a computer that has a good chance of destroying the motherboard.

Last edited:
My case has a window. I want the inside to have blue light cast on it. Preferably the source(s) of the light would be obscured - indirect lighting. Maybe a tube of LEDs inside the cover encircling the window just out of sight. I wrote "(?!!!)" to indicate my shock that anyone would install or even manufacture a piece of hardware specifically designed for a computer that has a good chance of destroying the motherboard.

Just replace your fans with blue LED fans, that will give your case a blue glow. Might be able to get better fans or a better airflow set-up in the process as well. Or, like OS-Wiz suggested, get lights that connect directly to your PSU, so they can't risk your MOBO in any way. I've never heard of lights shorting out a MOBO though.

The fans are a good suggestion, but I already bought all my fans. I'll do the psu thing

Any of these CCFL kits will work just fine. They come in various lengths and colors, use a molex connector, and I've never heard of them damaging anything. I've used them for years.

Cold Cathodes, Cold Cathode Light Kits - Cold Cathode Lights for your PC

I've attached an earlier build of mine, showing a CCFL 12" tube at the top of the chassis, and a photo with it illuminated.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 9 CCFL.jpg
    9 CCFL.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom