Is My Computer About To Die?

Hungstick

Solid State Member
Well make a long story short, Been using the rig fine, no issues.
Was running a geforce 9800 gt on a 450 watt power supply just fine.

Well when i would restart the computer sometimes i would notice i would have to hard reset the pc many times to get the monitor to get a signal.
I put in another good card, same issue.

finally get it to work, try to run mw3, i get to the server list and the game crashes, Borderlands 2 was working fine, now when i open it, it closes, no menu or anything, so i formatted, same issue.. on both games, on two dif cards.. i'm really confused.. please help?

so you did reinstall windows and you did try 2 different games and GPU's.
it might be the RAM. do a RAM test. use memtest86.

Well make a long story short, Been using the rig fine, no issues.
Was running a geforce 9800 gt on a 450 watt power supply just fine.

Well when i would restart the computer sometimes i would notice i would have to hard reset the pc many times to get the monitor to get a signal.
I put in another good card, same issue.

finally get it to work, try to run mw3, i get to the server list and the game crashes, Borderlands 2 was working fine, now when i open it, it closes, no menu or anything, so i formatted, same issue.. on both games, on two dif cards.. i'm really confused.. please help?

Run some tests monitoring the PSU.

Also what brand/model is your PSU?

Over time, PSUs can wear out and even if they don't give out completely, they can struggle to provide as much power, especially cheaper brands/models.

450W is already fairly low-end for a power supply, can you provide the rest of the specifications of your computer?

Over time, PSUs can wear out and even if they don't give out completely, they can struggle to provide as much power, especially cheaper brands/models.

450W is already fairly low-end for a power supply, can you provide the rest of the specifications of your computer?

Sparkle power INT, LTD switching power supply super 450 Is The power Supply specs -

Intel Pentium R Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40Ghz 5 GB of DDR2 Dual Channel
64 Bit OS Win 7
500 Gig Hard Drive.

Geforce 9800 GT Video Card

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Also, How Can I Run Test To Check The PSU?

Sparkle power INT, LTD switching power supply super 450 Is The power Supply specs -

Intel Pentium R Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40Ghz 5 GB of DDR2 Dual Channel
64 Bit OS Win 7
500 Gig Hard Drive.

Geforce 9800 GT Video Card

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Also, How Can I Run Test To Check The PSU?

Sparkle Power International? I have no experience at all with their products, maybe somebody else will know if its a low quality unit or not.

I don't suppose you have a multimeter laying around to test it? If not, you can usually take them into any Best Buy that has a Geek Squad counter and they'll usually test it for you for free (in my experience).

Sparkle? Haven't heard that name in years.

i only payed 10$ for it.. and it's ran great until recently.

My mothers Car is in the shop right now, so i don't have to way to go have it tested. i have the original ps that came with the computer ill put in and give it a try. I was actually able to get into the server list without it closing, But i exited, injected a hack, And it started crashing again. so i uninstalled the game, and reinstalled.. and now i'm having the same issue.

i only payed 10$ for it.. and it's ran great until recently.

My mothers Car is in the shop right now, so i don't have to way to go have it tested. i have the original ps that came with the computer ill put in and give it a try. I was actually able to get into the server list without it closing, But i exited, injected a hack, And it started crashing again. so i uninstalled the game, and reinstalled.. and now i'm having the same issue.

Just my 2 cents, and don't make any purchases based on my advice without verifying the problem, but I'm convinced its your power supply dying.

Just my 2 cents, and don't make any purchases based on my advice without verifying the problem, but I'm convinced its your power supply dying.

I tried my other power supply.. same issue.

NOW, It is fixed.. But i have to run the game in windowed mode.. Now why is it? as soon as i put it in full screen, it crashed..

Back
Top Bottom