NEW PC Setup

ok so the pc is build, but upon starting it I get only a red memok! light on the motherboard. I have tried reseating the modules but still the red light. I also tried holding down the buton next to it and the red light comes back. Any ideas what is going on?:confused::confused:

You're just going to have to double check every thing.

Have you made certain that the sticks are in the proper primary DIMM slots?

Are you sure that the memory you're using is fully compatible with that motherboard?

Have you checked all the power supply connectors?

Some motherboards require a period of time for any red leds to turn yellow, or green, while the system is booting. Does the system boot at all? Post screens?

What does your motherboard manual specifically say about that led being red?

I have made sure the sticks are fully in and also tried placing them in one by one in each slot.
I checked the Asus website and the mem are fully compatible.
I rechecked all the power connectors the 24-pin and 8pin power connectors are both in.
The system does not boot at all, I see a green power on the main board which indicates that the system is on, but no beeps, no post, and the cpu fan is not coming on either. I did let it sit for 10min and nothing the Memok! light is on.
Manual says to hold down the button next to the Memok! for auto tuning of the mem, which I have done it comes back again with a red light. Only thing I have not done is update the bios to the latest and I'm not sure that is going to solve it.

Any other ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

-OS-Wiz
Not sure what you mean? What do you suggest me doing?

Thanks

some pics if it helps

P1020681.jpg

P1020680.jpg

P1020679.jpg

P1020678.jpg

Is there any possibility that the CPU heat spreader, is not properly seated against the HSF cooling block?

I saw a case one time where that happened, and the CPU throttled back almost instantly, and shut the system down.....but, hmmm, that wouldn't cause the HSF fan to be inoperative, and you said the fan wasn't working either.

I'd hate to think you have a bad motherboard, or PSU there. Let me think on this some more.

Put at least one fan on the CPU heat sink (HS) and try booting with just one stick of memory in the proper DIMM slot (the blue slot closest to the CPU).

RE: Its for the "External 2.5" Drive Bays: 2 (converted from 5.25" drive bay)"
This is provided in case you wished to separately purchase a 2 x 2.5 SSD/HDD dock that fits into one of the 5 1/4" bays.

Last edited:
I have made sure the sticks are fully in and also tried placing them in one by one in each slot.
I checked the Asus website and the mem are fully compatible.
I rechecked all the power connectors the 24-pin and 8pin power connectors are both in.
The system does not boot at all, I see a green power on the main board which indicates that the system is on, but no beeps, no post, and the cpu fan is not coming on either. I did let it sit for 10min and nothing the Memok! light is on.
Manual says to hold down the button next to the Memok! for auto tuning of the mem, which I have done it comes back again with a red light. Only thing I have not done is update the bios to the latest and I'm not sure that is going to solve it.

Any other ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

-OS-Wiz
Not sure what you mean? What do you suggest me doing?

Thanks

I'm not sure I read that right... Did you say you left it powered up for 10 minutes when your CPU HSF wasn't operating?

I took off the HSF and reseated the CPU and reseated the HSF still same problem. So yeah the HS Fan is not coming on.

I tried booting with one module in each slot separately each time i booted and still same problem (so tested 4 times). Also tested both modules to make sure it was not a bad Mem.

Yeah I let it sit for about 10min although I was checking the HS the whole time to make sure it didn't get hot.

Please help.

Back
Top Bottom