Cpu upgrade

rifle

Daemon Poster
Looking at my computer (see signature) what CPU would you recommend for under 100 and will be used for gaming. Thanks

There is no processor for gaming for under $100.

You'd be better off upgrading that aging 8800GT, or a completely new build if you want a gaming machine.

I don't mean to sound rude, but trying to make a gaming machine out of your present computer is like trying to make a race car out of a 10 year old 4cyl. Nissan Altima, with 200,000 miles on it.

No offense taken lol. I stopped gaming and my pc has been in my closet for about 2 years. I really only play counter strike source and tf2 I figured I matters well upgrade the CPU but I been so out of touch with new hardware..

No offense taken lol. I stopped gaming and my pc has been in my closet for about 2 years. I really only play counter strike source and tf2 I figured I matters well upgrade the CPU but I been so out of touch with new hardware..

I hear ya. It would be a good idea to see if you could borrow a much newer card, from a friend, maybe a GTX 9800 series, or even a much newer card like a GTX 460. Try it out and see if the performance boost is worth the purchase price.

Back
Top Bottom