first custom gaming pc build

Be sure, if you have it, to turn off on-board video. Make sure all the power connectors to the vidcard are seated. Vidcard in the correct slot. If monitor has more than one source, toggle between sources.

OS-Wiz said:
Be sure, if you have it, to turn off on-board video. Make sure all the power connectors to the vidcard are seated. Vidcard in the correct slot. If monitor has more than one source, toggle between sources.

The internet is full of useful info! I searched around and found all the things you suggested and tried them (what I could figure out that is) but still no video. I gave up and took it to a comp shop that a friend of mine works at ( almost free trouble shooting :) ) I'll have it back tomorrow hopefully up and running so i can take pics of the completed beast

The internet is full of useful info! I searched around and found all the things you suggested and tried them (what I could figure out that is) but still no video. I gave up and took it to a comp shop that a friend of mine works at ( almost free trouble shooting :) ) I'll have it back tomorrow hopefully up and running so i can take pics of the completed beast

Hopefully your videocard wasn't DOA. I'm gonna be worried all day that something in my new build is messed up, but I can't boot it up without any RAM, and I don't get that until tomorrow! :(

Computear said:
Hopefully your videocard wasn't DOA. I'm gonna be worried all day that something in my new build is messed up, but I can't boot it up without any RAM, and I don't get that until tomorrow! :(

Hopefully not but that's what warranties are for :) I really wouldn't be worried. The research I've done says that PC hardware now a days has only a two percent failure rate

Sorry to hear about the video issues.

I assume you checked to be sure that your monitor wasn't set up for analog input, when you're connected to it's DVI jack, or digital input if you were connected to it's VGA connector. That will give you a blank screen every time.

Hameister said:
Sorry to hear about the video issues.

I assume you checked to be sure that your monitor wasn't set up for analog input, when you're connected to it's DVI jack, or digital input if you were connected to it's VGA connector. That will give you a blank screen every time.

I did not think about that, but the main issue is that I had no video output whatsoever. I connect my monitor to the vgi port on the mother board and on the video card with no luck. Thinking the monitor was bad ( its really old) I connected the comp to my TV through both the HDMI and vga ports on the gpu and the motherboard but again no luck. Zip zero zilch nada no image at all.

Now here again, is a good lesson for all of us. It is very natural for people to "assume", the obvious, which is something we should never do.

Not one of us, thought of something as simple, as trying another cable, because the chances of a new cable being bad is so remote.

Glad you're up an running. How about some more photos when you're ready.

Back
Top Bottom