Need Help Budget Build.

AaMania

Solid State Member
Hey Folks, Looking for some help on a reliable build....
Here are the minimum specs I'm looking for:

-2.2GHZ P4/ or
Intel Celeron Core 2 Duo 1.66GHZ or
3.0GHZ P4 or
Core 2 Duo 2.4
-Windows XP (I have CD) (and must be XP for particular application I will be running)
-2GB RAM
-Optical Drive at least CDR-RW
-16Bit (High Color) and 1024x768 (not shared Graphic Memory)
-128MB Video Card or better (MUST be NIVIDIA)
-24Bit Duplex Sound Card (Must be in the Sound Blaster Audigy Line/Series)
-Need primary HDD of at least 500GB
with a Secondary at 1TB
-and adequate USB ports (4 minimum)
-a PSU that well surpasses any power requirements
-a Case with good Air Movement and cooling
-Also have to have a Parallel/Printer Port on MOBO (for a security/HASP KEY)

Thanks,
Aaron :peace:

Hey Snap,

I'm looking to build a system to run DJPower (djpower.com) and Martin Light Jockey
I bought a new system already with a new key.

The Older system I have (7+years) is no longer working and the Band-aids I added over the years have finally stopped working, it was a matter of time anyways, I am getting zero video response on an monitor through any of the video outputs (on both MOBO and Video Card)

I have built a few PC over the years and do regular maintenance and fix ups to our current systems.

In all i am looking to build a new system meeting or surpassing the specifications in the OP. I'd like to keep a budget under $1,000 ($500-750 would be ideal)

This system will be used only for the two programs (DjPower & Martin Light Jockey) and not be used for anything else.

Looks good Snap one issue is that I need a MOBO with a parallel port for the HASP key

These keys are tricky sometimes and I can't remember if it will work or not
Let me get in contact with software provider and ill let you know thanks Snap!

-Mania

Speaking with the software company and being told "in theory" the HASP key should work but they have never encountered an issue or have had to do anything of the sort, so I think to play it safe I'm on the lookout for a MOBO with a built in parallel port to eliminate any "in theory" responses from the company...

Thanks,
Aaron

People say "in theory" to protect themselves. The parallel port is a legacy port and isn't found on virtually every modern motherboard.

There are still LGA 775 motherboards on Newegg you could look into. Some of them do have a parallel port. The tricky part would be finding an LGA 775 processor.

Back
Top Bottom