psu fan direction

I wish I could be of further assistance, but all I can say is every PSU I have ever seen is designed to me mounted fan down, at the bottom of the case so it draws in cool air, blows that air through it's chassis, and then vents it out the rear.
I have just realised you were right, when I checked it last night I did so with my hand, tonight I grabbed what was at hand which was a memory wrapper and placed it against the fan, it was being sucked into the fan, but to touch with my hand it felt almost ice cold, I can imagine the warm air from the inside of the computer being quite bad for the psu sorry for wasting time for not checking properly in the first place, but the help did come in as I still didn't know which way the psu is supposed to go or why until now

Last edited:
I have just realised you were right, when I checked it last night I did so with my hand, tonight I grabbed what was at hand which was a memory wrapper and placed it against the fan, it was being sucked into the fan, but to touch with my hand it felt almost ice cold, I can imagine the warm air from the inside of the computer being quite bad for the psu sorry for wasting time for not checking properly in the first place, but the help did come in as I still didn't know which way the psu is supposed to go or why until now

No need to apologize, we're just glad to have helped.

Case & PSU should both be high priority, if you need to get a new case first, go for it, just keep an eye on the PSU and try not to stress it any extra until you replace it.

Back
Top Bottom