Is this case capable of a basic watercooling loop?

Virtually any case is capable of housing a watercooling loop. Depending on how much space you have, you might have to get creative.

Yeah, Snappy's right. To my way of thinkin' the H100, as well as any other similar cooling device, is always more effective with a pair of fans in push/pull.

You can see the amount of space that's required in the photo I've attached of mine. You'll have to do some careful measuring especially with a mid-tower chassis.

Attachments

• i7 3930k Build In HAF 932 Advanced Chassis2.jpg
    i7 3930k Build In HAF 932 Advanced Chassis2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6
I also recommend the H100, great cooler!
A custom water cooled system is always best designed in a full-tower case if you wish it to be contained inside the case.
Check out Swiftech for custom water cooling. They have a model that mounts the radiator on the outside rear panel of the case.

Last edited:
I also recommend the H100, great cooler!
A custom water cooled system is always best designed in a full-tower case if you wish it to be contained inside the case.
Check out Swiftech for custom water cooling. They have a model that mounts the radiator on the outside rear panel of the case.

What is push pull? Also, if possible, I'd like the radiator mounted on top of the case. My desk is only 24 inches from the edge to the wall, which wouldn't leave much room for the radiator to stick out.

What is push pull? Also, if possible, I'd like the radiator mounted on top of the case. My desk is only 24 inches from the edge to the wall, which wouldn't leave much room for the radiator to stick out.

Push/Pull is simply having the radiator sandwiched in between two fans. One fan on one side, blows, or "pushes" air through the radiator, and the fan on the other side, "pulls" the air out.

See the photo I attached for you...did you look at it?

Just be sure to pick a case, like the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced, that can handle mounting the H100 inside of the top panel. Push/pull means instead of using just two fans on the H100 you add two more fans in a push/pull configuration. The fans should be mounted so that cool air from outside the top panel is pushed through the rad then, with the extra fans mounted on the bottom of the rad, pull the air through the rad.

Here's a pic of the H100 mounted in my HAF 932:

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 6
Push/Pull is simply having the radiator sandwiched in between two fans. One fan on one side, blows, or "pushes" air through the radiator, and the fan on the other side, "pulls" the air out.

See the photo I attached for you...did you look at it?

Yes, of course! I've looked at it and the one above this post. I just wasn't aware what "push/pull" was referring to is all. Would I really need push pull if I have strong fans? Do I need another set just to help pull air through? :confused:

I want to OC my 3570k to 4.5 Ghz. Can the H100 handle that?

I think I'ma get a fulltower. Not sure.

Last edited:
..Would I really need push pull if I have strong fans? Do I need another set just to help pull air through? :confused: No, it's not critical. The 2 fan push set up is fine, it just won't work as efficiently, or cool the CPU quite as well. Most people see any where from 2c to 5c drop in temps with a push/pull system.

I want to OC my Ivy Bridge chip to 4.5 Ghz. Can the H100 handle that? Easily!!! It cools my i7 3930k to 4.7GHz within Intel thermal specs, and this is a 6 core 12 thread monster!

I think I'ma get a fulltower. Not sure.

10 characters

Back
Top Bottom