front panel connector

...is there another way besides soldering...

Well, soldering wiring connections is always the best method.

However, these are all very low voltage, and very low current connections, so twisting the leads tight, and then carefully insulating the connections with electrical tape will work as well.

Well, soldering wiring connections is always the best method.

However, these are all very low voltage, and very low current connections, so twisting the leads tight, and then carefully insulating the connections with electrical tape will work as well.

thanks for your help, just been talking to my girlfriend and she said she is going to ask the engineers at work, they fixed the brake on my motorbike a while ago and did a pretty good job, pretty helpful there and they have all the soldering equipment so I might as well get it done properly as if I sell it and it's bodged it could come back on me, thanks again for all the help, much appreciated

Uhm, have you considered the fact that pretty much all motherboards have universal wiring on the motherboard, and that plug will most likely fit it?
it would seem to a certain extent you were right, although they were not labelled, after process of elimination I managed to connect the power switch, not sure about the others yet, however I am still to solve the problem with the computer switching itself off, so it was back to the drawing board

Back
Top Bottom