Cpu working too hard

Strangely, I am currently using the desktop computer and no crashes, in task manager it's showing the cpu usage between 1-3%, the cpu fan doesn't seem to be going too mad. In the time since I have ran cc cleaner, uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox as that's what usually crashed and stopped a couple of items in msconfig start up, but I'm not holding my breath, I probably won't dare play civ until I have a new case, also I don't suppose you know a good program to see if I have malware, I have avast installed but that didn't find anything, but also strangely this time I have not used pc wizard, the program is safe isn't it? also there are currently 46 processes running, is this normal?

Last edited:
I recommend Malwarebytes anti-virus and anti-malware tool.
I've never used pc wizard so can't comment.
Check out CPU-Z, RealTemp, and GPU-Z.

Well as I couldn't wait for a good game of Civ, decided to risk it, about 5-10 minutes after starting the game I noticed the sound of the cpu fan starting to get loud again so this time I took the side panel off, I noticed the heat near the cup was quite intense, it then all started calming down and got noticeably cooler inside and I was able to play my game no problems, I know this is not a wise solution but it's a temporary measure until I get my new case, can I really get away with doing this until the end of the month?

Sure, you might pick up a little extra dust is all.
yeah, someone told me a while ago when I used to do it with my previous computer purely because I was sometimes to lazy to put the side panel back on, but I didn't know if I am risking damaging my components in any way in the short space of time I am doing this, thanks for all the help regarding my cpu issue's

Back
Top Bottom