computer problem!!!!!!!!!!

fergof10

Baseband Member
hello i just made a custom pc build. my problem is that it works fine the first couple of minets and then it just starts to lag every few seconds. this lag includes mouse lag, when it lag what every sounds are on it will just keep repeating it a bunch of times. when the computer is working perfectly i can play games like Darksiders 2, but after a couple of minuets it just goes all laggy. and before this problem there was another problem that i had. the problem was that the computer kept freezing on boot up. but then i fixed this with disabling the onboard video card and enabling the one that i bought.

link to computer specs
Intel Core i5-3570K, MSI GeForce GTX 670, BitFenix Survivor - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia

Welcome to the forum.

You may have a faulty GTX 670. It's been known to cause problems similar to what you're describing. Try disabling and removing the GTX 670, and switch back to the onboard graphics of your motherboard, and see if it solves the problem. If it does, contact whoever you purchased the GTX 670 from and request a replacement.

Last edited:
This could be heat related. It would be best to get a 120mm fan mounted as exhaust on the rear panel. Download and install MSI Afterburner to read GPU temp, or RealTemp can do it too; both are free downloads.

thank you i downloaded and it says that it is running at around 57 when i am playing a game on full rez. is this temperature good??

Yes, 57C is fine. Some things to look into:
1. Latest Vidcard drivers installed? Should be 306.23, if not, go to Nvidia's site to get them.
2. Could be PSU issue; use HWMonitor to view and monitor voltages.
3. You using wireless mouse and keyboard?

Yes, 57C is fine. Some things to look into:
1. Latest Vidcard drivers installed? Should be 306.23, if not, go to Nvidia's site to get them.
2. Could be PSU issue; use HWMonitor to view and monitor voltages.
3. You using wireless mouse and keyboard?

I didn't even think of this, but that's a good thing to check, it could definitely be a PSU issue.

thanks your every body the problem seemed to be fixed. i think i solved the issue by moveing the video card to the other slot. and just to conform is 70 celces good for gpu. cause that is the highest it has gon to so far

Back
Top Bottom