Closed-Loop Water Cooling VS Air Cooling

Computear

Daemon Poster
So, I'm currently finalizing choices for my [/url="http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/help-me-build-my-new-gaming-rig-218765.html"]new gaming rig.[/url]

My main hurdle right now is CPU cooling. I'm not interested yet in full-fledged water-cooling system, but I was looking at the pros/cons of a closed-loop water cooling system (benefits with less hassle?) vs getting a high-quality air cooler.

If I choose a closed-loop water-cooling system, should I bother to opt for the H100 over the H80? I plan only to moderately overclock my system. (Well, whatever my system can handle without pushing it, I'm relatively new to overclocking).

Bear in mind, my case is going to be the Cooler Master HAF X (most likely), so there will be a large volume of air moving through my case regardless.

Budget is infinite, but that doesn't mean I want to throw away money.

Specs:
CASE: Cooler Master HAF X
PSU: CORSAIR TX850 V2 850W PSU
CPU: Intel core i5-3750k Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz LGA 1155
CPU COOLER: ?????????????
MOBO: GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H LGA 1155
GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX 680 2GB
MEMORY: 12GB (3 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 SDRAM @ 1600 MHz
HARD DRIVE: MUSHKIN Chronos Deluxe 240GB SSD
OPTICAL DRIVE: LITE-ON CD-R/DVD-R DRIVE

I don't understand why you started another thread?

Your question was being addressed, discussed, and answered on your previous thread on this subject, so?????

I think the closes loop systems offer better cooling performance and lower noise. If you're a serious overclocker, go with a closed loop liquid cooler.

I think the closes loop systems offer better cooling performance and lower noise. If you're a serious overclocker, go with a closed loop liquid cooler.

Do the closed-loop systems require any maintenance?

CORSAIR claims it to be a no-maintenance system but I've also read people saying the water pump gives out after a year or two? Any truth to that? I keep finding conflicting information.

The extent of the maintenance is blowing the dust out of the radiator every so often.

I'm running an Antec Kuhler 620 that has been running nonstop for about a year. No problems. I believe that the Antec and Corsair liquid coolers are made by the same company and Antec and Corsair just put their names on them.

The extent of the maintenance is blowing the dust out of the radiator every so often.

I'm running an Antec Kuhler 620 that has been running nonstop for about a year. No problems. I believe that the Antec and Corsair liquid coolers are made by the same company and Antec and Corsair just put their names on them.

I think I'll be going with the CORSAIR H100 then. Thank you for the help.

I don't understand why you started another thread?

Your question was being addressed, discussed, and answered on your previous thread on this subject, so?????

Thanks for answering my question Computear, have I ever ignored a question from you?

Back
Top Bottom