What is your home's net worth/equity?

Is your home's equity…

• Positive?

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Negative?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ahh, thanks, I thought they might be there for repairs, or storage. Also nice to see another ol' fart like me on these forums.

Retirement is fantastic, I'd recommend it to anyone. I retired very early at age 53, and I've never regretted it for a minute. Good Luck.
My original plan was to have retired 5 years ago but ended up having too many kids (4 altogether) so I'm just trying to get them all thru college before I retire.

Heh, we are probably negative. We've only owned ours for about 3 or 4 years.

As far as the retirement talk...you make me jealous. I'm an "old fart" at home. Actually more than one person has told me I have an old soul. And I get called old fashion alot to. Oh well...I'll be able to retire around 53 or so too so I can't wait...is that bad?

Heh, we are probably negative. We've only owned ours for about 3 or 4 years.

As far as the retirement talk...you make me jealous. I'm an "old fart" at home. Actually more than one person has told me I have an old soul. And I get called old fashion alot to. Oh well...I'll be able to retire around 53 or so too so I can't wait...is that bad?

No it's not bad at all. I never liked working, never. I worked to save, and invest, and retire as soon as I could. Life is much, much, too short.

When I was in my late 50s and early 60s folks would ask me all the time,..."what do you do with yourself, being retired so young?" My answer was always the same..."anything I darn please".

When I was working, I never had time for my hobbies, photography, tropical fish, computers, home theater, etc. Now, every day is a vacation day.

No it's not bad at all. I never liked working, never. I worked to save, and invest, and retire as soon as I could. Life is much, much, too short.

When I was in my late 50s and early 60s folks would ask me all the time,..."what do you do with yourself, being retired so young?" My answer was always the same..."anything I darn please".

When I was working, I never had time for my hobbies, photography, tropical fish, computers, home theater, etc. Now, every day is a vacation day.
Strange when you talk retiring young, I always thought I wanted to do that when I was young but now I do not care in fact I do not have any intentions ATM...
For the last 20 years I have worked full time but only put in 3 physical working days a week, I have plenty of hobbies I have plenty of annual leave to use when needed....and I do travel a lot use A/leave regularly.
I get bored very easily and find my full time work keeps me active & I suppose I can work part time if I was to pursue any more hobbies but atm I have no other interests for myself....

If I was to retire now I know I would get bored with my self, now I know why some people choose to keep working beyond retirement age..... strange how your life turns out to be.

Last edited:
Life is much, much, too short.

This and this for sure!:thumb:

Land > Roughly 10 mil
Buildings > 7 to 9 mil.
You have to take in to consideration it's got 54 bedrooms with a full bath in each. The master has a fully equiped kitchen, living room, dinning room, and two bedrooms off the den.
It's a big house...

Land > Roughly 10 mil
Buildings > 7 to 9 mil.
You have to take in to consideration it's got 54 bedrooms with a full bath in each. The master has a fully equiped kitchen, living room, dinning room, and two bedrooms off the den.
It's a big house...

Not to take away from you. At a place I worked at, my coworker said her brother had a place where the kitchen was 40' x 60' which is the biggest kitchen I ever knew of.

Back
Top Bottom