HOT power cord

What makes you thinkn the problem would be with his power company and not the fuse box in his house, or even the wiring inside the plug socket itself.

If a wire was not inserted correctly into the plug socket itself, ie hanging out slightly, maybe making contact with another bit of metal or plastic or shorting across an earth lead then it could cause this, granted it is more likely that it would give him an electrical shock or melt the actual plug socket but still as much as a long shot as it maybe we both agree that a couple of secods to check is worth saving the cash.

...If a wire was not inserted correctly into the plug socket itself, ie hanging out slightly, maybe making contact with another bit of metal or plastic or shorting across an earth lead then it could cause this, granted it is more likely that it would give him an electrical shock or melt the actual plug socket but still as much as a long shot as it maybe we both agree that a couple of secods to check is worth saving the cash.

I think that makes sense, but like i said earlier, I agree it only takes a few seconds to switch outlets. The OP hasn't been back so maybe he solved his problem?

Back
Top Bottom