first custom gaming pc build

I enjoyed reading this thread an seein this build come 2gether an can't fault any of the advice given (although I'd choose the AMD 7950 gpu) can't wait for the photos. Thumbs up to ham an ohsnap.

I enjoyed reading this thread an seein this build come 2gether an can't fault any of the advice given (although I'd choose the AMD 7950 gpu) can't wait for the photos. Thumbs up to ham an ohsnap.

Thank you Mr. ja6on, we're also looking forward to the Bad_83 build.

Hameister said:
That's correct, all the mobo connectors are key coded, you'd really have to work at plugging a connector in incorrectly.

Yeah from the vids and the other websites I've looked at it seems that I'm making this out to be harder than its going to be. So needless to say expect A LOT of pics and maybe even a few vids if I can :)

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

ja6on said:

I was considering going amd but I figured I had the money for this so I went with Intel instead. And yes, hameister and ohsnapword have been a TREMENDOUS help with all this and quiet understanding with someone like me :)

So I just received a response from new egg regarding the discount.

The person who responded originally said that the discount of $30 would apply to the next order of over $1000. I replied that I had placed an order totaling about $1300 and the next big purchase wouldn't be for awhile. His response was to go ahead and give me the discount on this order and throw in a free shirt. So needless to say new egg has my business for a good time to come.

Well fortunately for me I contacted newegg and asked them if they had a promo code or discount for first time buyers and since I was dropping so much money. They sent me a coupon and that would cover the difference of the gpu I picked out vs the gtx 660. So yeah I can swing it. Not to mention the mail in rebates will bring the price even lower after its all said and done.

This interests me. What address specifically did you email? I'm about to throw about $1500 at newegg, might as well try this myself see if I can get a coupon thrown in!

I have a friend who lives in St. Louis, Mo. When ever he orders from the Egg, he'll generally get delivery the next day, two days at the most, because he lives close to one of their distribution centers.

Yeah, I live a couple hours away from City of Industry, CA (in L.A.) where a lot of places have distribution centers. I generally get next-day deliveries with standard UPS 3-day. The downside is since newegg has a distribution center in California, I have to pay sales tax on purchases. So it's more harm than good, really, considering we're talking hundreds in taxes.

Last edited:
Computear said:
This interests me. What address specifically did you email? I'm about to throw about $1500 at newegg, might as well try this myself see if I can get a coupon thrown in!

Yeah, I live a couple hours away from City of Industry, CA (in L.A.) where a lot of places have distribution centers. I generally get next-day deliveries with standard UPS 3-day. The downside is since newegg has a distribution center in California, I have to pay sales tax on purchases. So it's more harm than good, really, considering we're talking hundreds in taxes.

I suggest you go the same route I did. I tweeted them, @neweggservice and asked, fully expecting a no in response. Is this your first purchase?

I suggest you go the same route I did. I tweeted them, @neweggservice and asked, fully expecting a no in response. Is this your first purchase?

I've been a loyal Newegg customer for many years, but that's gotta be as good as being a new customer! I do not have a Twitter account though. I'll probably just shoot somebody an e-mail and hope it gets filtered to somebody that's not having a bad day! (although, when is working in customer service NOT a bad day?)

Back
Top Bottom